Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague: HappyHouseRental ... Uscun are you there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the email I received from Jiri: "Cozy room in a quiet street in the
heart of historical part ofPrague- Old Town. You will share the kitchen, toilet
and bathroom with nice landlady until the end of June. From the July is the flat available for higher (but still great price)only for you! House is a few steps from the
Naqmesti Republiky and the Old Town Square. Very quiet area. ID: 2803." Price is 800 czk/night. It looks nice on the web, I just don't want to share a room with strangers, so I am going to ask that question next time.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:52 AM

here is the location on a map:
http://mapy.atlas.cz/mapviewer/mapvi...;action=zoomto

i don't get something, i thought you're going 5-11 july. but you don't have the price for that as jiri says the price will be higher after june. but the room looks nice. and it's very well located.

look at id: 3365, 2217,4498. take a look at their listings they have 126 flats. you may uncover something jiri didn't think of.

i do want to say that i've never been to prague, but i have researched the heck out of it. you can stay a little further out and you'll be ok.

you may also want to look at www.prague4seasons.cz , i initially booked a room w/ slavica there and his prices are really good. also look at pragueroom.com they offer good stuff at good prices. stopcity.com is recommended by fodors.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

You're correct, Jiri still hasn't provided me with a price for that one room, I think 1800czk if I am not mistaken, but it is a bit high for my budget ($77). I am going to confirm again with him. Thank you for your recommendations, I really liked #2217, so I'll ask him about that room and it's slightly lower than 2803.

Now, for the price listed is for a single room in an apt correct? For ads that says 4-4 does it mean 4 bedrooms for 4 people? I dont want to share a room with a stranger. When are you leaving to Prague?
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 09:13 AM

i really don't know about the 4-4 meaning. i am leaving in may. try looking at some of the other agencies out there...maybe they can offer you something better to your liking.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Uscun, Jiri just confirmed the price of 800 czk for room 2803 for my July dates and he didnt ask for any money to hold the place. Now I am wondering if he could completely blow me off, because all I would have is just a print out from his email saying that it's confirmed?? I'm nervous not knowing whether I'd have a place or not, because I'll be in Prague for 5 nights and 6 days. Thanks!
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

ttt