Prague ATM machines

Sep 6th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Matt

Prague ATM machines

I'm going to Prague in 2 weeks and wanted to know if ATM machines are easy to find or not. I'll mainly be in the center historical area, you know the "tourist section". Thanks.

Sep 6th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Jaime Torres George

Don't worry it's widely available in all places. But you need to be sure that you can access overseas your account. Need to know first if you're in cirrus or NYCE network. The way to know it's if you look back your card and look for a visa logo, that's mean your card it's in the network. So to finish, in "Mala Strana", Stare Mesto all places you may alreasdy researched it's widely available.

Enjoy your Trip

Sep 6th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Dawn

I just returned from Prague last week. I found an ATM near my hotel with ease (I was on the Castle side of the river), but overall I did not see an abundance of ATMs. I would just ask your hotel for directions to the closest machine.

Sep 6th, 2001, 10:12 AM
JY

Many Prague metro stations have ATM's

Sep 6th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Christina

YOu can find some, but I also felt that they are not nearly as common or ubiquitous as in other European large cities. Also, I think they are more likely to be attached to a bank in Prague (inside lobby) and thus not available when bank's not open. At least, I think I observed that in one area of town, the part where a lot of banks are (going from Namesti Republicy metro station towards train station. I didn't notice about the metro, although I would be leery about taking out money in front of people down in metro stations. You'll find some around, don't worry, it just may not be as common as you'd like.

Sep 12th, 2001, 03:57 AM
Andrea

There are plenty of ATMS all around Prague. There is one in the airport that you can hit before catching a taxi (use AAA) or van into the center. Remember that the money is taken from your savings account and not your checking account... so transfer funds before you leave if it is necessary.