Where in the world is Bush (now)?

Sep 11th, 2001, 11:19 AM
?

Where in the world is Bush (now)?

fighter jets, hidden presidents, closed schools---we were lax but it is too little too late----Bin Laden must be very happy-- He got both collapes and the plane and the Pentagon all on tape for the world!! I'll bet he is diappointed that he didn't get Camp David--or was he shooting for the White House?---Armeggedon is beginning--get right with GOD

Sep 11th, 2001, 11:33 AM
elvira

Wouldn't that be silly, to credit bin Laden with the ability to precipitate Armageddon? He's no different than a gangbanger who sprays a neighborhood with automatic fire and kills a three year old; he just has more money.

I doubt God is real pleased with any of this.

Sep 11th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Book Chick

Yo, Elvira,
Right on, baby! Here, here, well stated & I'm with you on this one.
BC

Sep 11th, 2001, 11:43 AM
richard

I think in your case GOD means Get Out the Dictionary, it's spelled Armageddon, you asshole.

Sep 11th, 2001, 11:49 AM
dj

richard,

Did you really need to use profanity just because someone had a misspelling (perhaps a typo even)? Or are you just so full of hate yourself? Maybe the other person was just upset?

Even in the face of such tragedy they come creeping out don't they?

Sep 11th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Miss/Mr X

Bush is in the bunker at Offutt, near Omaha (SAC site); he's teleconferencing with Cheney, Powell, etc.

Sep 11th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Christina

dj, do you know what profanity is? You might want to look that up in the dictionary as Richard did not use it.

Sep 11th, 2001, 12:24 PM
richard

dj, I am upset, I'm not sure which side you represent but neither side has the right to inflict damage on the US in your internecine battle. I deplore the suicide bombers and I equally deplore the Israeli assassinations.

Sep 11th, 2001, 12:25 PM
God

Dear Elvira,

You're right, I'm not pleased. But I haven't been pleased with a LOT of what you people on Earth have done to each other during your existence. You could choose to co-exist peacefully, but you do not. You could choose to love each other but, all to often, you choose to hate each other.

I gave all of you the freedom to choose. If I hadn't, you would be mere puppets of mine. I didn't want that. I wanted to see what kind of a world the human race could create on its own. I look at your world and what do I see? A lot of sharing, selflessness, compassion, and love, yes. These things please me immensely and show me that you are capable of choosing them. But I also see far too much greed, selfishness, intolerance, and hatred. And these things sadden and dismay me.

I don't need to, nor will I, create this Armageddon you speak of. For the first time in history, you people have created the tools to do this to yourselves. The future of the Earth is in your hands. Choose wisely.

Sep 11th, 2001, 12:27 PM
elvira

Report that Bush is on the move again to an unknown destination.

Cheney, House Majority and Minority are in DC bunker.

Sep 11th, 2001, 12:57 PM
dj

richard,

What side I'm on? Well, I guess you could say I'm an extremely patriotic american. Perhaps it was the perspective from which I read the post of "?". It seemed to me he/she was making an observation of what had occured, and an opinion of what could be happening. Didn't call for the kind of response you gave him/her.

That where I was coming from. And Christina, would you like that term to be used against you? I'm sure that Richard did not mean that as a term of endearment.

Sep 11th, 2001, 01:15 PM
kk

Really, I would rather NOT know where our President is, becaue if I know then the whole world knows. I'd like to know he is somewhere safe and doing something useful. Exactly where he is doing that I think should be top security at this point, if you ask me.

Sep 11th, 2001, 01:24 PM
richard

dj, "foget"aboutit?. Here in Texas it's "forgetaboutit". I apologize for the colloquialism, it should have been "fucking asshole". I too am a patriotic American, 4 years in the USN. I enjoy the discourse!

Sep 11th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Looking

A real president would find a way to give a proper address to the nation. Bush needs so much prep that he can't do the one thing that only he can do: address the nation and assure everyone the country isn't near collapse. Other presidents have risen to the occasion in difficult times. Where is George?

Sep 11th, 2001, 02:06 PM
.sfowler

He's on his way back to Washington and will address the nation around 9pm EDT.

Sep 11th, 2001, 02:09 PM
x

G. Bush did address the nation this morning at about 10 or 11 ET. I saw it.

Sep 11th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Jan

Watch at 9:00 p.m. est. Our President will address the nation. I am soooo thankful we have the current administration in at this time. For the last 10 years we have stuck our heads in the sand, thinking this couldn't happen to us. Our resources were spent mostly on social programs and our military and intelligence were left out.
Wake up America, and thank God we now have a man in office that does not loathe the military.

Sep 11th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Capo

Jan, Re: "Our resources were spent mostly on social programs and our military and intelligence were left out."

F.Y.I. For fiscal year 2000, this is where each federal dollar of spending went:

22% Social Security
15% National Defense
11% Medicare
11% Interest
6% Medicaid
6% Other means-tested entitlements
6% Other mandatory spending
6% Reserve pending Social Security reform
17% All other spending ("Non-defense discretionary")

What percent of each federal dollar do you think we should be spending on defense?

Sep 11th, 2001, 02:27 PM
s.fowler

Thank you Capo!

Sep 11th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Capo

Always my pleasure, Sally!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO