Prague at Easter

Aug 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Prague at Easter

Help! I've just realized that I signed up for a trip to Prague during the time which includes the weekend of Easter. From my reading, it sounds like this is a crazy-busy time there and may not be the best time to go! Some of the customs and markets do sound like fun, though. Any advice from others who have been there at this time?
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

I just searched and found a similar thread from 2002 but would still appreciate any more recent replies you'd care to post. Thank you!
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM

I spent last Easter in Prague, that was after two other stays in November and January. They called Easter, Top Season and hotels were even more expensive than usual high season rates. And compared to Nov and Jan, yes, there were many many more visitors but it was manageable. At least it did not put me off so I'm going again in September. I stay as usual in Mala Strana area, underneath the Petrin Hill side, that's much less crowded than, let's say Old Town Square area. I walked one sunny afternoon up the Perin Hill (I prefer that to taking the funicular) with apple trees blooming along the way. The paths were quite free of people in spite of the time and the views were magnificent! It depends on where you go I think. If this is your first time to Prague, you would have to go to the main tourist areas that's crowded, I did that to even in April, but that wasn't too bad. If you can try to go to the Charles' Bridge early in the morning when it is still empty. You would appreciate it much better. From my hotel, the bridge is 10 minute walk so I usually do it before breakfast arou^nd 6.00 - 7.00am.

These are the photos I took then. You will see the white apple blossoms over the Petrin Hill.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0April%202007/
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM

Oh, the first photo is from January visit. Somehow, it got mixed up here. You can see a bit of snow around the statue.
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, kappa!