Prague and Budapest

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague and Budapest

We will spend 2 weeks in sept in these 2 cities and side trips. Found flights between these 2 cities on Czech airlines. Round trip is Much cheaper than one way. I know it is not exactly legit, but is there a problem with not using second half ( return)?

Thought we would do some side trips in each? Would you split up 50/50 in each country? I know everyone sea to have their fave between the 2 cities but......

Thanks for your help.

Ellen
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:35 AM

Why would you trek to an airport like a stressed-out business traveller in a mad rush, for such as easy overland journey?

Just book a train ticket from downtown Prague (Prague Hlavni station is a stroll from many hotels) to downtown Budapest from €19 at www.cd.cz/eshop
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:36 AM

...Or Budapest to Prague from €19 at the Hungarian Railways site www.mav-start.hu
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 06:56 AM

The "why" is simple - it doesn't take 7+ hours to fly from Prague to Budapest. And neither Prague nor Budapest have particularly large airports so that means the airport experience should suck less - it's not like Ellen is flying between Paris and London.

But no, if you don't use the return then there should not be consequences (check the fine print on the ticketing site no matter what).
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM

What can they do if you do not use the return?

But I do agree. Why would you ever fly... So what if is an hour flight. Both airports are far from the city, you need time for advance check in, the hassles with security etc. ...

I never fly this route. For me, just not worth it (and minimal time savings).
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM

But no, if you don't use the return then there should not be consequences (check the fine print on the ticketing site no matter what)>

but if they have your credit card in the for purchase could not they then charge you the one-way price using it?

There is also an overnight train rolling between these two towns nightly - save on the cost of a hotel to boot.

For lots of great info on overnight trains check out these superb IMO sites - www.seat61.vcom (Man in Seat 61 who posts above, his commercial site) and www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com. For discounted tickets check out the links Man in Seat 61 gives.