Reload this Page >

Postcard Challenge Project

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 10:13 PM
Mr. K

Greetings fellow world travelers! I am a 7th grade World History teacher near San Francisco, USA. My class of 12 year old students is doing a year-long project of collecting postcards from around the world, and would like your help. If you would like to participate, please send us a postcard from wherever you are, or wherever you go, and tell us a little about your adventures. Our goal is 1,000 cards...it’s a large goal, but we think we can do it! <BR>Do you have a box of old postcards sitting in the closet? Send them to us!! We’d love to see the world through your postcards! Put an email address on the card, and we’ll say thank you! Thank you and Happy Traveling!! <BR> <BR>Mr. Keillor’s 7th Grade Class <BR>Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School <BR>26890 Holly Hill Ave. <BR>Hayward, CA 94545 USA

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 05:13 AM
nancy

Mr. K. <BR>Bringing you to the top. <BR>We will try to send a card from italy in June. <BR>Good luck with school project. <BR>nancy

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 05:20 AM
Judy

Hello Mr. K, from one previous WHT...I love the idea....I will search through my piles of brochures and cards...I think this is a worhwhile endeavor, and I hope Fodorites will make your project a success!!! Good luck, Judy

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 06:51 AM
Challenge

Okay Fodorites,,,,help create more travelers hmmmmm?

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Annie

Mr K: <BR>I printed this and put it with my passport. Expect something from amsterdam and Belguim in Early June (hope that's not to late) <BR>Good Luck!

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 03:44 PM
nancy

Bringing Mr.K to the top one more time.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 05:29 PM
Dr. Betty Fordor

Dear Mr. K, <BR>I want you to know I completely support your project. Since you are no doubt a non-profit entity, I am hoping you have a tax exempt form I can use to write off my European vacation, considering the expense it will create in getting enough post cards sent off to your class within the next year. <BR> <BR>If you would like to share a post card with your class in the near future, and are able to obtain parental permission, you are welcome to share my "Postcards from the couch..." Please be forewarned, there is a parental Advisory for viewing such a postcard and you'd best have your paper work in order. In addition to the above, all information contained in the "Postcards from the couch..." is strictly confidential and reflects the ongoing treatment of my patients. I'm sure Cindy will have to sign a release in the event that you wish to display the card for your class. My suggestion is that you just use the picture on the front and pour water over the writing in the back, so it gets all blurred, kind of like the image of the picture itself. <BR> <BR>Well, praise be to you Good Teacher and Fellow Traveler. May you reach your goal in time. <BR> <BR>God Bless, <BR>Dr. Betty <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 04:58 AM
upsy daisy

<BR>For Mr. K!!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 07:56 AM
Can not let this drop

Please help them!

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 04:38 AM
topper

Topper

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 06:33 AM
Maira

Mr. K.--- I am heading out to Rome in Feb 2001. I will take your address with me and mail you some from there. Have a great school year!! (Having a great teacher is a good start!))

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 09:36 AM
fran

<BR>So glad to have somewhere to send the postcards that never made it out while I traveled. In China last month the postcards were 10 for a $1.00 USD. We all bought several packets and you guessed it, no time to write and send them. I will definitely send one. Great Idea, altho I don't send myself one when I travel, I do collect those sent to me and will someday do something artistic with them.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 01:43 PM
Jo Anna

FANTASTIC idea!!! What lucky kids you are to have such a thought provoking, inspiring teacher! Look for postcards from CO and when I travel to Europe in May you will receive cards from France, Germany, and Amsterdam!

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 07:17 PM
Len

Mr.K, <BR>We will be traveling to Carlsbad, China, Tibet and Bali next week. You can be assured we'll send some postcards to you. Excellent project for a seasoned world traveler such as you are!!

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 06:44 PM
KIM(IN)

I also sent him quite a few. How many have you recieved? And where was the strangest place you were sent one from?

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 06:37 PM
sim

we'll be in st lucia in three weeks, you can certainly expect one from there! what a great idea! (i wanna go back to 7th grade! *pout* ) <BR> <BR>=) <BR> <BR>sim

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 03:39 AM
Gina

Oh man, I don't! In 7th grade I'd never traveled anywhere. The great joy of being an adult to me is being able to say "Hey look, a fare sale to Venice--I'm going!" <BR> <BR>Mr. K, look for postcards from Rome and Tunisia in February--what a great idea!

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 04:25 AM
Ms. G

As a fellow teacher, I appreciate your efforts! How fun for your class to look forward to the possibility of a new country each day! I'm headed to Germany next week and I've printed your address! Let us know how you are doing as the year progresses.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 02:20 PM
Judy

Here it is!

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Topper

Topper!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -