Positano vs. Lake Como

Jul 1st, 2001, 09:31 AM
Ann

Positano vs. Lake Como

If you had to choose between the two, which one, and why? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Jul 1st, 2001, 12:18 PM
Myer

I've been to both and you cannot choose. Both are among our favorites.
The Positano area may take you longer with Amalfi, Ravello, Sorrento and Capri so close. The bus ride from Sorrento along the coats is supposed to be among the great bus rides in the world.
We've been to Como twice. The first was for a day and we rated it a surprise. The second time was for 2 days. Como is a small town. We spent a day there and a day down the lake at Bellagio, etc. You could easily spend more time visiting the famous villas. We boated to Villa d'Este and saw some guests coming in by helicopter.
Como is only 4 hours from Venice and 30 minutes from Lugano so they can be combined.
Your decision should be extend the trip or it depends what else you'll want to see in the area.
Definitely see both before all is over!!

Jul 1st, 2001, 12:21 PM
Howard

Without know more about what you like and don't like to do on a trip, it's hard to make strong recommendation. If I had to choose one over the other, I'd give the nod to Lake Como. It's less expensive and more relaxing. But, don't get me wrong, we loved Positano and the rest of the Amalfi coast very much.
As a previous poster said, you can't go wrong with either.