Festive [email protected] Edinburgh Festival?

Feb 13th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Sheila

Festive [email protected] Edinburgh Festival?

It has been suggested that thos of you who are tripping towards edinburgh for "the Ploy" in August might fancy a wee something. Three of us are up for it so far. Anyone care to join us?

Feb 13th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Santa Chiara

Sheila, do explain more. I may be very interested. And to think, I canceled this very day, my Eyewitness guidebook to Scotland from my Amazon.com order.

May 27th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Sheila

Santa Chiara; my apologies. this fell through the net. I did not see your response, or I would have been in touch.

So far I have 2 takers for a "something" for Fodorites in Edinburgh during the Festival(there's a famous poem called "In Embro for the ploy" a euphemism for the Festival)- Judy and Tony apart from me. I see a couple of other people intend to be there. Any other takers for something? Lauren?

May 27th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Bill Barr

Sheila

Great idea. Add me to the list.

Bill

May 28th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Dave

My wife and I will be at the festival with a group tour, so we won't be able to stop. But be sure to wear your pin so we can say hello.

May 28th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Judy

Dave, I did not get my pin yet.....I may have to fashion my own pin some way. I will be the one with the huge grin plastered all over my face, and some form of Fodorite pin.
Sheila, I can not wait to go.....I am so excited. So glad you can be there Bill. The more the merrier at the "ploy"... Judy

May 28th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Cathy

Sheila,
Can an Irish Fodorite join in ? Have you choosen a date yet ?

Cathy

May 28th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Judy

That would be fabulous, Cathy! I wanted to meet you too! If it is in Edinburgh, that would be great! Edinburgh will be rocking, yes?
Judy

May 28th, 2001, 11:44 PM
Sheila

Of course all welcome. I thought I'd see who all was around and when and sort a date from there. This is prescribed by the fact that I will be in Brittany till the 12th. ' Course, you could do it without me

May 29th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Judy

No way Sheila, we are in Edinburgh till the 14... we leave for Ireland on the 14 .......must be able to do something eihter that Sunday or Mon maybe, yes?
What says y'all? Judy :-?

Jul 1st, 2001, 08:19 AM
Sheila

OK guys let's get this pinned down. It appears we can't make it work for both me and Judy so let's go with Judy. I've asked Tony to look after it once I've set it up since he's in/nearest to Edinburgh.

How about Friday 10th? Supper? Stac Polly or Howie's on the grounds that they do Scottish menus and it would be a shame to go out for an Indian in Edinburgh?

Views please? Any times we have to miss to match your show reservations? Feel free to email.

Jul 1st, 2001, 09:44 AM
pam

Does Rex know about this or his he organizing this fodors trip as well?

Jul 1st, 2001, 01:06 PM
Sheila

heaven forfend!