Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Positano - Le Sirenuse or Hotel San Pietro?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Pam

My husband and I are planning a trip to Positano, and can't decide between Le Sirenuse or Hotel San Pietro - has anyone stayed at/seen both recently? They both seem amazing, and we need to make a choice. Any comments would be helpful!

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Dona

I've passed San Pietro and I've heard it's wonderful. I liked staying at Le Sireneuse since it's in town and, therefore, gives more convenient options.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 01:18 PM
cheryl

we stay at San Pietro and it is beautiful.The only thing I can say is it is all by its self not in Positano.They have a car that will take you into town and pick you up whenever you want. The food at the hotel is great. We also have stayed at Le Sirenuse and it is also very nice and it is right in town. But there is nothing like sitting in a room that is cut into the side of the hill--you can't even see San Pietro from the road. If you want to relax in a beautiful spot--pick S.P--a little more action--L.S--either one you will enjoy. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 06:34 AM
james

I've done both - SP is perfect - get a heli transfer from the airport to get the best view of the Amalfi coastline - the hotel has it's own heli-pad. Le S is right in town, so lacks peace and quiet. You need a car anyway for this area, although the SP has it's own private speedboat transfer to Positano

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Elsa

We stayed at L.S., and really enjoyed it. Although it was in "town", there was no noise at all. We were there a year ago, so maybe April is a quiet time in Positano. Both hotels have excellent reputations, so I think what you have to decide upon is whether you want to be in town, or away from it all. I know there is a van that takes you from the S.P. into Positano, but to me that would be a nuisance. To others that would be no big deal. However, everyone who stays at 1 or the other highly rec. each, so you can't go wrong.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 05:53 PM
richard

I hope you're booking way in advance--with 3 months notice, I couldn't get in either one!!!

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 09:27 AM
Sarabeth

We stayed at Le S. in mid March and a more gorgeous hotel I can't even imagine. It was quiet but it was not season yet. It has a great location, close to shops and restaurants and the beach. The rooms are gorgeous and the dining room is among the most beautiful I have ever been in. Killer views from every room and the public rooms are fantastic (this was a private villa, still owned by the original family). the workout room is all wood and the equipment is top notch. We met the nephew of the owner and he gave us a tour of the fitness room, which he developed. The breakfast buffet is delicious with THE most incredible buffula mozzerella I have ever eaten. Without having seen the other hotel, I wouldn't hesitate staying at Le S. again and again...big jacuzzi tub in the room...chocolate on the pillow for turn-down. it was heaven on earth..please email for restaurants, etc. <BR>Sarabeth