Reload this Page >

Positano early Oct - dress tropical ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 06:23 AM
barb

In trying to plan a compact, comfortable wardrobe for this trip, am wondering if we should bring only summer clothes, or plan for cool evenings. We will be based in Positano, but plan to make side trips in the Amalfi area from there. One possible trip north to Ossimo. We'd appreciate any advice re. Positano area and what not to miss, as well. Thanks, to you who are "in the know"!

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 06:44 AM
hamlet

I would suggest that you do not bring JUST summer clothes for your trip. I just got back from there and the weather was warm, but not hot, and the evenings are rather cool. Also, I was there in October 2 years ago and barely used my summer clothes, and spent most of the time in jeans or pants and cotton sweaters. I would suggest you check out the local weather reports before you go. It's a beautiful area. Have a great time.

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 08:06 AM
John

I was there 2 years ago during October (around Columbus day)and the days were very warm, but the nights were chilly and a light sweater and/or jacket was needed. There were many people on the beach sunnying themselves and some were also swimming. We thought Positano was the jewel of the coast, but I say this without having the benefit of seeing Ravello which many have said is a must see.

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 09:25 AM
wendy

don't waste your time going to Capri from there. Too commercial. We stayed at Le Agavi. The view is magnificant- rthere is nothing prettier to see/but in Capri. I didn't get to Ravello, but I here it is worth going to. We went in August. Any quetions- email me. wendy

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 06:05 AM
Daniel

Was in Positano around September 20 and, partly due to the terrain, found myself wishing I'd brought cooler clothing. I agree that it might get a bit cool at night in October, but I can't imagine that you'll need very heavy clothing by day. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Villa Rosa in Positano and couldn't have been more pleased. We had an enormous, flower-filled private terrace overlooking the town and the sea, and their service is exceptional. To give you an idea of how warm it was, I had insomnia a couple of nights and went out onto the terrace in just a pair of shorts and no shirt and was perfectly comfortable. <BR> <BR>Whatever you see in the area, do NOT miss Ravello. It is a truly magical setting. Try having lunch at one of the restaurants with a terrace overlooking the mountains and the sea...breathtaking.