Reload this Page >

Positano - beach

Search

Positano - beach

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 02:11 PM
Sandy

Positano - beach

We'll be in Positano for 6 nights and intent to spend some time on the beach. I understand it's pebbles - Do we need water shoes in order to be comfortable walking around near the water's edge? How many beaches are there in Positano? Appreciate any help

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 02:37 PM
Linda

Some kind of foot covering would be very helpful, especially if you are not normally a "barefooted" person. I believe there is only one public beach in Positano, but somebody, PLEASE, correct me if I am incorrect.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 03:02 PM
rob k

Sandy:<BR><BR>Positano is a SMALL town perched on the cliffs of Amalfi coastline. And I think Linda's correct, that there is one public beach. Depending upon where you're staying, your hotel may have a stretch of private beach --- for example, La Fenice, a bed &amp; breakfast located just outside Positano's center has its' own little private area.<BR><BR>Just down the road from Positano is Amalfi (about 5-6 miles) and I know I've seen a beach there; I assume it's public.<BR><BR>And of course, you can always take a boat from Positano over to Capri for the day. I'm not familiar with the beach(es) there, so can't advise.<BR><BR>YES--you'd be well advised to wear some type of foot-covering. Both Positano &amp; Amalfi are pebbly beaches. It's actually kind nice if you want to bring back a piece of the rock. I have several small interesting stones that I picked up when in Positano. I'm not a geologist, yet I've cultivated a little quirk of scavenging &amp; bringing back a few stones from wherever I've traveled.<BR>

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 05:55 PM
mikki

I'm just back from the Amalfi coast. 6 nights seems like a long time to stay in Positano unless you have a car and plan to do daytrips and also visit Capri or Ischia. Of course, if you want to lay in the sun every day then you will be fine.<BR><BR>We actually preferred the town of Amalfi over Positano. Fellow travellers have also raved about Ravello.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:47 AM
Bryan

I am researching our trip to Positano in late September. Is the San Pietro Hotel worth the $? Do any of you prefer Amalfi over Positano? Why?<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:30 PM
Mark

Just back from Positano and the beach is pebbles but a pair of tevas is all you need. The water was nice and warm and rent a lounge chair for the day and you are all set. 6 nights is a long time for just Positano mix in Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi, even Pompeii and Naples everything is a day trip. Chez Black for food in Positano, also Plazzo Murrat has a beautiful courtyard dinning area. La Sponda at Hotel Sirenuse is fine dinning but go for lunch it's cheaper and you can check out the hotel. Have fun and email me if you need more info I just got back.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:01 PM
Sandy

Thanks for all your responses. We will be travelling around to all those places suggested during our stay as well as relaxing. From there we have two nights on Capri before going back to Rome. Thanks again.