Portugal Trip: Please Advice

Jan 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM
ComfyShoes

Portugal Trip: Please Advice

For a trip to Portugal in April, I could use your help with the following:

1. Recommendations of 2-3 (dinner) good restaurants in Albufeira/Villamoura area that, preferably, have Fada performances.

2. Recommendations, if you have any personal experiences, of Douro valley river cruises that target the Portugese wine country. Websites--the ones I find don't look credible to me!--, how long and how expensive, worth it?, etc would be deeply appreciated.

3. Best car route from Villamoura to Lisboa, and on to Obidos. How long does it take?

Thanks.

Jan 18th, 2007, 12:59 AM

You want to see a Fada (fairy) performing? Hummm... I guess you are too old to believe in children stories.
Jan 18th, 2007, 02:45 AM
ComfyShoes

Since one can be accused of having the maturity of a 5 year old, thank you for the compliment of coming across as older and wiser, my dear lobo. You really aren't that "mau"

Have a fine day.

Jan 18th, 2007, 02:58 AM
lawchick

There is no sense of humour left on this board -

Harrumph - I'm off for my lunch

Jan 18th, 2007, 04:58 AM
ComfyShoes

What do you mean, Lawchick? There is humor. Just not the really obvious kind Both the Bad_Wolf and I have two smileys between the two of us. Here... I put a fourth one for ya

Just kidding. Actually, too early in the morning for me to even attempt to be funny.

Jan 18th, 2007, 05:35 AM

I know I'm not that "mau", but I have to do some nasty remarks from time to time, to keep my reputation up.
While I'm sure I'm older, I don't believe the same applies to the wiser part
I hope you to have a very pleasant stay with or without fairies
Vilamoura to Lisbon is 3 hours and Lisbon to Obidos is 1 hour. The best route is the autoestrada (class A roads). Notice that the tolls are high, make sure you bring some cash (around 10 euros + 3 euros).
Fado is a Lisbon's urban song. Eventually you may find something in the Algarve, but no way you can find there the same offer as you can find in Lisbon. http://www.arscives.com/antonio/portuguesefado.htm
May the Force be with you
Jan 18th, 2007, 08:17 AM
ComfyShoes

Lobo, Thanks for your gracious post, the nice weblink, and the driving advice.

I must have done something incorrect because I can see three (draft) versions of my reply. Sorry, if there are multiple posts, I have been on this site for only ten days or so.