Spain/France/Italy/UK

Search

Spain/France/Italy/UK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain/France/Italy/UK

My partner and I will be visiting Barcelona, Madrid (optional), Paris, Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, London, Manchester on 19 September to 6 October from Singapore. Air tickets have been purchased from Sin -> Barcelona and from London -> Singapore.
I need your advise on the following:
1) Should I visit Paris or Rome first from Barcelona/Madrid?
2) Best mode of transport among the countries/cities?
3) Any recommended hotel?
4) Best Go places?
5) Things to beware of?

Appreciate your suggestion.
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 06:47 PM

This trip is not doable. You have 8 locations in 17 days. Travel from location to location will take away another 3-4 days so this brings you down to 14 days or about 1 1/2 days per location. Not possible at all. I would eliminate Italy on this trip and just focus on Barcelona, Paris and London and Manchester with 3-4 days in each location. Even with four locations it will be tight.
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 07:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Back to the drawing board. Since Barcelona and London are set in stone (and assuming Manchester is a must -- otherwise it probably wouldn't be listed) , I'd do Barcelona, Paris, Manchester and London . . . and even that will be a bit rushed.

From Barcelona - fly or train to Paris. Then Fly to Manchester. Then train down to London. Fly home.

Assuming you arrive on the 19th and fly out on the 6th you have 16 days free on the ground (plus a few jet lagged hours on the 19th).

Something like 4 nights in Barcelona, travel to Paris on the 23rd and stay 5 nights (netting you 4 days), fly to Manchester on the 28th - stay 2 nights (netting 1 day), train to London on the 30th and stay through the 5th, fly home on the 6th.
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 08:08 PM

I would do

Barcelona - 3 days

Madrid - 3 days

Paris - 5 days

London - 5 days
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 11:05 PM

If you want to include Italy, only way to get to there from Barcelona is to fly. If you go to Italy, the rest of the time you should use the train. If you want a whirlwind trip in Italy, you can visit Florence as a stop in between Rome and Venice, or vice versa. Put your luggage in the Florence train station. If your last stop in Italy is in the north, you can take a train from the north to Paris, otherwise better to fly out of Italy to the next stop.

Up to you what destinations you might want to eliminate.
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 11:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow

I used to business trips like that, I remember the donut heaps and lots of board rooms.

Generally I'd do most of the trips by plane, if you stay in the country then use trains.

Out of kindness I'd replan to a simpler trip.

Hotels and go to places, for this we need to know how much money you want to spend and what interests you. For instance I hate paying more than £70 for a night's double room and love visiting Engineering marvels. But you might prefer opera buildings and £250.

I hope you come back and listen to the likes of janisj above.