Portofino Area in April?

Search

Portofino Area in April?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portofino Area in April?

Was thinking of taking my wife to Lake Como area for a few days and then heading over to Portofino for a few more. I don't mind missing the crowds but wondering how cold it would be?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Couldn't find Portofino's weather on www.wunderground.com but Genoa's weather for April 10-20 has averaged:

Average High Temperature is 60 F
historical range 51 F to 75 F

Average Low Temperature is 51 F
historical range 42 F to 62 F
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Hi John,
We were in Portofino and Cinque Terre last May. It was cold and rained some--one day was a downpour. However, there were sunny days and we were told that it was unusual for it to be so cold. One day was one of their coldest of the year. Just take proper clothing--layers and be sure to take rain gear. We prefer a hooded gortex jacket. We also had gortex shoes but took them because we were hiking around Cinque Terre. We were glad we had them. I love Italy and this trip was just as wonderful as any. Portofino and Santa Margarita were great. Hope you have a wonderful trip and good weather. Happy travels.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM

I have been there in March, April, and May. April will still be cool, with some winds and occasional light rain with sunny days interspersed in between. All in all, it is a lovely time to go there because it certainly won't be as hot nor as crowded as the summer months! Plus, you will see very few tourists (if any, it will be the Germans and Australians).