Pompei ticket

Old May 19th, 2022, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pompei ticket

On the ticketone website to purchase tickets to Pompei there are three options, the first is Pompeii, second and third are Pompei Scavi. There is no explanation of the difference between the three all the same price. I will be arriving by train from Sorrento. I read on another forum that the difference could mean the entrance gate. Does anyone know for sure before I purchase the ticket. Thank you
Old May 19th, 2022, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jomicdia View Post
On the ticketone website to purchase tickets to Pompei there are three options, the first is Pompeii, second and third are Pompei Scavi. There is no explanation of the difference between the three all the same price. I will be arriving by train from Sorrento. I read on another forum that the difference could mean the entrance gate. Does anyone know for sure before I purchase the ticket. Thank you
Pompei Scavi is the station right at the entrance to the ruins.
No need to buy in advance, just get your ticket at the station

Last edited by alandavid; May 19th, 2022 at 09:57 AM.
Old May 19th, 2022, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On our 2012 trip to Italy, we messed up on our choice of Circumvesuviana train and would have missed our destination entirely except for a helpful Italian man who directed us where to get off and change for the right train. Who knew there were multiple different lines under the same name.
Pompeii Scavi is what you want, but why buy tickets in advance? It is a commuter line. If you want to fiddle with advance tickets, get the Campania Arte Card at the Naples RR station. It will cover 3 days of local transport and major discounts at tourist sites.
https://www.campaniartecard.it/napoli-3-giorni/?lang=en
Old May 19th, 2022, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by AJPeabody View Post
On our 2012 trip to Italy, we messed up on our choice of Circumvesuviana train and would have missed our destination entirely except for a helpful Italian man who directed us where to get off and change for the right train. Who knew there were multiple different lines under the same name.
Pompeii Scavi is what you want, but why buy tickets in advance? It is a commuter line. If you want to fiddle with advance tickets, get the Campania Arte Card at the Naples RR station. It will cover 3 days of local transport and major discounts at tourist sites.
https://www.campaniartecard.it/napoli-3-giorni/?lang=en
We bought the Campania Arte card online, costs Ä32 and we got free entrances to Pompeii as well as the Archeological museum. Plus free rides on the metro and Circumvesuviana trains, so we easily recouped our cost and more. But it depends how long you will be staying at Naples and what you plan to see/do.

We went earlier this month and many people were buying tickets at the entrance, we also had to get one, though of course we didnít pay.

If youíre taking the Circumvesuviana, be warned that itís packed, really crowded, with only standing room. Keep hold of your belongings, especially purse/backpack /wallet, understand itís notorious for pickpockets.
Old May 20th, 2022, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Pompeii oficial site

I emailed the Pompeii site and they answered my question. Thank you anyway