POLL - Delta or US Airways?

Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

POLL - Delta or US Airways?

With cost and travel time being similar, what international airline would you choose - Delta or US Airways -- for west coast to Spain/Portugal?
Sep 2nd, 2006, 08:05 PM

US Airways flies Airbus on certain routes to Europe. When they have the 2 5 2 configuration, it isn't hellish, and there are individual screens on the seat backs. Find out what planes they are flying on these routes, and then go to seatguru.com to check them out.

Comfort would have some sway with me.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:05 AM
ira

Hi Ms,

I agree. Take the most comfortable plane.

Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:24 AM

If the cost differential is substantial I would take the cheaper plane!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:59 AM

The product delivered by these two carriers is not sufficiently different to sway me one way or the other.

Much more important to me would be location and timing. Are any of your options direct flights, without connections? Do the airports you'll be flying into/out of have more than one flight a day, in case of equipment failures or missed connections?

I prefer to connect in the U.S. if no direct flight is available, and in northern Europe (so Amsterdam or somewhere in Germany rather than, say, Italy) if there's no U.S. connection available.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:10 AM

Looked back at your earlier queries re this flight, and would definitely recommend the Delta option: Atlanta is Delta's home, so there's little chance of the flight to CDG getting screwed up, and the flights between CDG and Lisbon are code shares with Air France (whose home is CDG).

Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:13 AM

As others are getting at, it isn't the carrier alone that would determine by decision. The type of plane, times of flights, connections times, connection airports, etc. all would be more important to me.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 11:45 AM

In economy class, my vote goes to US Airways.