Reload this Page >

Poland flight booked yesterday

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Joe

Well, I went ahead and booked the best fare I have been able to find. Perhaps a little too early, but most people I have talked to in the travel industry don't think fares for July travel to Europe are going to go down much and may even go up. I got a fare on Lufthansa through Frankfort to Warsaw for $908 each. <BR>I have made my first pass through three guide books and marked my planning map with all the stops I want to make in 25 days. As usual, I have marked too many places and will have to reluctantly go through the list and eliminate some. Obviously, Gdansk, Krakow (salt mines), Zakaopane, etc. are and will remain included. Are there suggestions for other must-see locations? Agi, are you out there? For example, Bialystok (the Versailles of Podlasie) and Sokolka (home of the Tartar settlers) are a long hall. Are they worth it. If I can find a couple of Poland experts I will have other questions. Thanks.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Marc David Miller

A great web site for much of central/eastern Europe is<BR><BR>www.inyourpocket.com<BR><BR>also, the Thorn Tree at <BR><BR>www.lonelyplanet.com <BR><BR>has some good coverage of Eastern Europe sights, although aiming at a lower age.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:21 AM
travelman

Joe.<BR> Latest look in expedia.com shows<BR> $500 and change for Nyc-Warsaw.<BR> On the way to Gdansk you must visit<BR> Torun .Out of Gdansk day trip to<BR> Malbork to see the castle.Visit Sopot<BR> few miles out of Gdansk, and the small<BR> town of Oliva.Than off to Bialystock.<BR> Its a LONG ride from there to Krakow.<BR> Hope you speak polish,not many <BR> english speakers along the way.<BR> If you want more info just leave a message on this thread. Travelman

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Joe

Travelman: Torun and Malbork are firmly on the list. We'll take trip to Sopot from Gdansk. If you mean Oliwa (suburb of Gdansk), we do plan to see the Monastery and Cathedral there. <BR>I am flying from San Francisco and have followed twelve different discount fare sites almost dailey for about two months, expedia included. Have found an occaisional lower fare, but when I went to book there wasn't availability, usually on the return trip. Thanks for the response and if you have any other thoughts, I would welcome them.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Joe

Agi, are you out there?

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 01:11 AM
Joe

Agi?