Reload this Page >

Please tell me about Globus Tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Lisa

I will be visiting Spain fooor 11 days with Globus Tours. If you have traveled with them, please tell me what you thought about the company. <BR> <BR>If you have traveled with them to central and southern Spain, tell me excursions I shouldn't miss.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 07:03 PM
Anita

Lisa, <BR> <BR>I have travelled with Globus to Italy and I am taking their Paris & Provence tour in September. I have found the company to be well run and you have a variety of optional tours you can take. I am not familiar with their trip to Spain, as I took a Collette tour for that trip. <BR> <BR>Have no fear - everything will go fine and have a great time. <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 07:21 PM
cher

I'm a travel agent and my partner has booked quite a few clients---mainly school teachers---on Globus. From our end, they are a very professional company to deal with and have an excellent selection of moderately priced venues for our clients. I personally have not traveled with them, but our clients have been pleased.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 01:43 AM
Tangata

We have done two tours with Globus. They were fine as far as we were concerned, one was the UK and Ireland and the second was Europe, but not I regret Spain. <BR> <BR>Our next tour will probably also be with Globus to South America as we don’t know of any other travel companies that cover South America. <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 01:57 AM
debra

we have booked a Globus Tour in Turkey in July. Did some research and we heard this was a good tour group to go with. Friends did a Yalla Tour of Turkey and Sicily last month and were not happy with the accommodation (terrible) and the food was pretty basic. So were are also hoping, like you, that Globus will be much better

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 06:59 PM
Lisa

Thank you Anita, Cher, and Tangata. I appreciate your input. I feel better knowing that all of you were pleased with Globus. <BR> <BR>I have previously taken a Trafalgar tour and was not happy with the accomodations in London or the company's customer service. I hope thast Globus will be a better experience. <BR> <BR>Debra, I hope that your trip goes well also.Have fun!

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Dianne

Hi Lisa, <BR> <BR>I'm going on the Spectacular Spain trip in the fall. I had Globus fax my travel agent the list of optional excursions. I've been in touch with 2 couples who did the tour in spring and they enjoyed the optionals they took. Here's some secondhand info. <BR> <BR>Both recommended the Flamenco show in Seville. The ones who went to El Escorial enjoyed it. The other couple enjoyed the optional dinner in Torremolinos. They also said Gibraltar was good, but a lot of travel time to get there and that I could skip it since it doesn't really interest me. Neither went to the expensive dinner show at La Scala in Madrid, but other tour members said it was great. <BR> <BR>Personally, I don't usually take optional excursions so I can have more free time for independent sightseeing, but I do plan to see the Flamenco show. <BR> <BR>I've travelled with the Globus/Cosmos company before and was very satisfied. Like you, I also was not as impressed with the one Trafalgar trip I took.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Lisa

Diane <BR> <BR>Thank you so much for the information! I will try and get a list of the optional excursions as well. Have a great time! <BR> <BR>Lisa