Reload this Page >

Please review Hotel De L'Avre?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 02:16 AM
Amy

Can anyone tell me what they think of Hotel de L'Avre in Paris.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 04:13 AM
elaine

Amy, don't know that hotel. If you don't get any information on this forum, <BR>look for hotel comments from past guests at www.paris.org or www.hotelboulevard.com

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 04:57 AM
francesca

This hotel is in my neighborhood (the 15th) in a little street which is off a big major blvd with the metro running overhead. My parents have stayed there several times for visits and always liked it. They think it's good value for the money, quiet with a nice breakfast garden. I have only seen the room they like, which is on the ground floor facing the back. Good luck!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 07:43 AM
Mary

Hi Amy: <BR> <BR>My friend and I stayed at l'Avre in March. It's a great location - you certainly can walk to the Eiffel. There is a delightful antique mall (La Suisse - something) nearby. <BR> <BR>We had a room on the 4th floor. It was small but it's to be expected. The bath was small but everything was very clean. Our room was twin-bedded. We had a telephone, television. In the bath there was a hair dryer and hand soap in a dispenser mounted on the wall. Same true with body wash mounted on the shower wall. <BR> <BR>The owner is a personable young man, Bernard Vialettes. He and everyone who staffed the reception area as well as the young lady who served us our cafe et croissants every morning were friendly and helpful. <BR> <BR>We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at l'Avre. The location is great. I will go to a different hotel on my next visit, however - and the only reason being to experience another quartier. So far I've stayed in the 8mme, 14mme and the 15mme. Next time I'm going to stay in the 5mme. Enjoy your stay, Amy.

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay -- I've done a search and many of the comments are older. I'm interested in hearing about experiences in the past year or so.

The hotel is Hotel De L'Avre in the 15th.

Thanks!
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 09:55 PM

A (March '03) guest posted a review at www.tripadvisor.com and gave the hotel the highest score. This guest also mentioned that it's a 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower so maybe it's a bit out of the way and it's close to the metro. It looks nice but it has no a/c.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 03:18 AM

Thanks for the update! As long as it's near a metro I'm cool
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 08:43 AM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html

Here's the link to tripadvisor info, and following is the hotel's site (in case anyone else wants to check it out):

www.hoteldelavre.com/
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:55 AM

This is funny.... I have this as a sort of 'back-up' hotel. I previously found this hotel frequently recommended on the message board on Bonjour Paris - they've restructured the board, though, and now those comments won't come up.
It's near Metro la Motte Picquet, which has the added bonus of being a 'correspondence' station.