Please help with my problem on Avila

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, during our upcoming trip to Spain, my husband and I will be in Segovia on Friday, April 20th. On the following day, ie, Saturday, April 21, we want to take a bus from Segovia to Avila, spend a few hours there, and then take a bus from Avila to Salamanca.
I have managed to find buses running from Avila to Salamanca on that day on the Auto Res site, but cannot find any service from Segovia to Avila. Can anyone help me with this please ? Or any other recommendations ? Can
I take a cab from Segovia to Avila, how much will that cost? Or should I omit Avila altogether, in which case is there a bus on that day from Segovia to Salamanca ?

Would really appreciate any help on this.Thanks
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 07:51 AM

La Sepulvedana runs that route (Segovia-Avila) and there are a few each day. www.lasepulvedana.es
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot kenderina for that reply, the thing is that when I look at both theirs as well as the Auto Res website, it shows me no services for that day. Not sure if this is a glitch or simply that they have not uploaded April data, because I am seeing services for Saturdays in March as you clearly attest to.
It seems strange that there would be something available in March and nothing in April, so I am hoping that someone can confirm that there will be buses running between these two places on Sat, April 21. Thanks.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 08:41 AM

It is very possible they still haven't updated the schedules to the "summer schedule". The winter schedules finish here in Spain in March, so April is on "summer" But it usually doesn't change too much , the common thing is that there are more buses in summer than in winter, I wouldn't worry Spain has that problem, people is not in a hurry to update anything !
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Kenderina, thats a relief. Will get there and know for sure, but since we leave only on the 4th of April, will check closer to the date to see if they have indeed updated their data.

Thanks again
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 05:34 PM

I don't know if this is totally out of the question but why not just rent a car? Driving in the cities (Madrid, Barcelona) is nuts but from one town to the other its pretty straight forward. Take your little english to spanish book and you'll find the people are very helpful(JUST IN CASE).

By the way don't miss Avila. It is pretty amazing. Salamanca is my dad's home town. You'll love it!

Old Mar 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM

dyscover,
We did a similar trip using buses and trains and it was no problem. I'm sure they'll be able to give you the proper directions at your hotel. And yes, the wall in Avila is amazing and Salamanca was like a dream--just gorgeous.

Have a great trip.