Search

Please help with Madrid hotel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2006, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with Madrid hotel recommendations

Hello,

I've booked a 5 day getaway to Madrid for my family (husband & 4 yr. old son) towards the end of Nov. and I was hoping to get some hotel recommendations.

I'd like to find a safe, quiet & clean hotel within 100Euro/per night (including tax, if possible) budget, close to the metro and within walking distance to many of the popular sites. And if there are parks in the area for my son to run around well...that would just be icing on the cake! Am I asking to much?

I've done some research on the forum and unfortunately Hotel Plaza Mayor is booked during the Thanksgiving week. I'm still waiting to hear from Hotel Opera, Hotel Europa, and Hotel Ateneo. Does anyone have any other suggestions? By chance can anyone offer any advise on Hostal La Plata?

I'd love to stay at the Hotel Victoria 4 but I'm not sure they'll accept a child in a double room. Any ideas?

I know this may sound like a crazy question but since we've never traveled to Europe with my son I'm curious should I look for a double room and then contact the hotel to see if they have a separate roll out bed for toddlers? Do most hotels allow toddlers to stay in the room for free?

Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 03:35 PM

A 4-year old shouldn't be a problem at any hotel in Madrid. Maribel's Guide to Madrid (http://maribelsguides.com) recommends the 2-star Hotel Plaza Mayor, 3-star Hotel Miau, 2-star Hostal Adriano and Hostal Adria, 4-Star Hotel Suecia, all generally under 100 €/night. You should download a copy of this free guide to get a little better idea of what to expect in Madrid.

Also, your 4-year old shouldn't have any problems in Toledo. You'll probably have a hard time keeping up with him.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 05:43 AM
begbie

for a hotel near a park try the nh nacional which is close to the retiro. most hotels thesedays are child friendly but you should check before hand anyways,
try looking at the following link:
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...rope/2271/en-2
to get an idea of prices. hoep it helps!

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 06:04 AM

About three years back we stayed at the Jardin des Recoletos, and it was perfect. It's not far from Plaza de Colon, subway lines, and the art museums. Location on a quiet side street does, however, keep you away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. The rooms are very large, and the staff is quite friendly. They serve an excellent breakfast, and there was a refrigerator in our room where we could store cheese and drinks for snacks, lunch, etc. We didn't have children with us, but there were a few families with children. As I recall, it was probably a bit over 100 Euro (maybe 125-130), but the size of the rooms and location made it most worthwhile. Enjoy your travels!
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM

check the Best Western Carlos V. It's a very family friendly hotel, in a good location, and near bus and subway lines. We stayed in a quad here with our kids. I think you have to go for a triple room. Double rooms generally only have room for 2 people (1 bed).

Retiro is the big park and you definitely should take your son there. I odn't know of any hotels within walking distance of the park though.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM

I used to spend hours in Retiro when I lived in Madrid. Hopefully, it won't be raining when you're there so that you can enjoy the park.

I had a friend visit a few years back who stayed at Hotel Europa - he told me that their staff isn't very friendly and the rooms are tiny...I can't tell you firsthand, but you might want to take that into consideration.