Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP!!! Prague & Budapest ???'s

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 09:58 PM
Donna

I am so glad I found this place. I need help quickly before our lovely vacation plans end up in divorce court! &lt;grin&gt; We are going to Prague and Budapest in April and are trying to keep costs down. After reading about Prague and some of the crime, I am concerned. We have no reservations yet - another problem! Need to know where is an affordable place to stay that is in a safe area. I have seen recommendations for places to stay on this board but I have lots of stupid questions! For instance, these places that are recommended that list phone numbers...do I call them directly? Do they speak English? Do I get a travel agent? Please help! You can email me directly at [email protected] <BR>Thanks in advance!!!!

Old Mar 9th, 2000, 04:24 AM
merriem

We are going to Budapest in about 10 days. I saw some inexpensive hotels on www.budapesthotels.com Although I booked somewhere else, they might be able to assist you. Yes, they speak English.

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 03:39 PM
Karen Eubel

We are going to Budapest on March 25th for 10 days. We got our initial information with the Hungarian Travel Office and they gave us lots and lots of info on hotels. As far as danger goes, I haven't heard anything terrible about Prague. If you have a hotel from the list from the Travel Office you should be all right. We are very excited about our trip. We'll do Prague another time. Good Luck!

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 04:17 PM
Peg

Donna, I've been to Prague and Budapest a few times, I'm in my 60's and I have never felt unsafe in either city, and have travelled only on public transport from early morning until late at night. Just take the same sensible precautions you would anywhere. There offices at the station for hotels or hostels or search the web, there are some very good sites about accommodation in both cities. Public transport is so wonderful, it is easy to get around each of these cities, just buy a 3 day travel pass and a good map. have a wonderful time. Peg.

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 11:41 PM
Silvia Rotheimer

Dear Donna!I know Budapest very well. Ou company has a subsidary there and I am app. 4 times a year in Budapest. My collegue Maria can help you with a hotel. Let me know your travel data. Do you need a hotel in downtown? Are you travelling by train? <BR>Best regards from Vienna <BR>Silvia