Please Help Me Pick A Hotel Vienna/Innere Stadt Neighborhood

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2024, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solo traveler for mid September travel. Three nights. I’ve narrowed it down to these hotels for economy, flexibility, walkability and breakfast. Please help me narrow it down further. In no particular order. Thank you!

Boutique Hotel Nossek
Hotel Kaiserin Elizabeth….this one already got a vote…
Appartment-Hotel an debr Riemergasse
Hotel Capricorno
011 Boutique Hotel Vienna
Hotel Kärntnerhof
Das Tigra Hotel
Hotel Royal
Hotel Secession an der Oper
Living Hotel an der Oper
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

And while I’m at it…I’d be grateful for city tour (especially historical) and food tour recommendations. Planning to see an opera. Also a big botanical garden fan. Thank you!
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 12:11 PM

I will be in Vienna at the end of september. I have booked Boutique Hotel Nossek as it was in our budget. Although the others on your list look to be really good too
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! That’s definitely on the list! Have you booked any tours or activities? I’m looking at trying to book a local tour and maybe a food tour. Definitely an opera, as it gets closer.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 01:17 PM

Hi Seeksocean, I have not booked anything yet. I would love to do a walking tour.

I have found this - which is a walking tour you do on your own, but I would love someone to tell me about what I am seeing and where I am walking.
https://www.frommers.com/destination...walking-tour-1

I have just started researching so nothing is definate.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 02:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
I recommended Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth. It's a Viennese experience: totally spotless hotel, impeccable and gracious customer service, fabulous breakfast in beautiful dining room, located centrally. Little boutique shops on its relatively quiet street.
They offer a discount if you contact the hotel directly.

Not outdoor walking tours per se, but we enjoyed touring Imperial Apartments https://www.sisimuseum-hofburg.at/en...al-apartments/ and the Schoenbrunn Palace https://www.schoenbrunn.at/en/

We're horse lovers, so we also toured the royal Lippizzaner stables and saw them perform Morning Exercise with Music (there were no full performances while we were there).

Another time we were in Vienna, and we went to see The Who perform! So different than in the states, because the Viennese crowd stayed very sedate.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks MoBro, That hotel has been suggested twice already. And I went online and indeed it does have a really good rate through the Hotel website. It’s definitely on the very top of my list. And I’ll start researching some private tours and share them here. I find I do a lot better with small group guided situations. And when I can, I really do try to do a food tour. I get so much out of that and it’s really fun. And usually very delicious.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

I’m taking note of those two links. Looks like right up my alley. I used to be a horse person until I had to choose between feeding my horses or feeding my kids. Admittedly, it was a close decision.

Last edited by seeksocean; Mar 8th, 2024 at 03:59 PM.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Millie, let’s keep in touch. I definitely need to have someone tell me what I’m looking at. But this link was very interesting.

QUOTE=millie2112;17542170]Hi Seeksocean, I have not booked anything yet. I would love to do a walking tour.

I have found this - which is a walking tour you do on your own, but I would love someone to tell me about what I am seeing and where I am walking.
https://www.frommers.com/destination...walking-tour-1

I have just started researching so nothing is definate.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 05:02 PM

definately seeksocean, lets keep in touch. I have never been to Vienna so lots of information to go through.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

I did end up reserving the Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth. Great reviews. It’s a little more money…not too much really…and offered a lot.
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 06:04 AM

I'll add my 2 cents even though you have already reserved. We stayed at Das Tigre and thought it terrific. Our room was large with lovely decor, the breakfast was excellent with a large variety and the best hot chocolate ever, the street quiet and convenient and the staff helpful. For me a huge extra is that the hotel incorporates the building where Mozart and his father stayed when Wolfie was just a boy and where he stayed again as an adult.
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for that suggestion. My hotel has a good cancellation policy. I’ll check that one out also.