Search

please help me!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please help me!

My family and I are going on a trip to Europe but heres the problem - we can't decide where to go or what to do! Which place is better out of England, France, Italy, Germany, Danmark, or Switzerland? And where in that country are great attractions? Ideas??
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:39 AM
sjj

My wife and I have each been to Europe ten times, nine times with each other. We like Italy the best. Our idea of a good trip is two and a half weeks in Italy, in early May or early October, either all spent in Rome or apportioned between Rome, Florence, and Venice. Florence and Venice offer great churches, great art, wonderful city scenes, and great food. Rome has all of the above, and the remains of the Roman Empire.

If Italy isn't to your taste, I'd suggest limiting your tourism to two or three cities in France, England, or some combination of the two. Nothing against Germany, Denmark, and Switzerland, but I'd save them for another trip. And if you do take another trip, I'd consider the Netherlands.
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:43 AM

"Which place is better? And where in that country are great attractions?"

I'm sorry, you either gotta be a troll or phenomenally insenstitive. Or both. That's a Hall of Famer.
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
ira

Hi P,

It doesn't matter.

You will enjoy your visit, wherever you go.

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:47 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Switzerland is best
;-)
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading your name, I'd say go to England. They speak English, although many with a Polish accent, and will help you with many of your questions.

Switzerland isn't the greatest in hospitality and the Germans don't have a sense of humour. The Italians will run you over and the French will ignore you. I'm not sure what the Danish will do since not many people venture there.
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
MaureenB

If this question is for real, you will get slammed on this forum for being so uninformed about what you want. You must do your homework first. Identify when you want to go, what you'd prefer to see (coastal towns, major cities, mountains, historic art, etc.), how much you can spend, how long you can stay, etc. How old are the family members?

If you have frequent flyer miles, it helps to start with what flights are available to you. And, always get an open-jaw itinerary, so you don't have to backtrack to your arrival city.

Your question is much too broad to get good answers. All the countries you mention are worth a visit, depending on what you want.
>-

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:02 AM

Troll du jour.
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:11 AM

Could make a new reality TV show. "The Family that doesn't know where to go or what to do"