Search

please help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please help

My Family of four adults will be going to Italy the first week of May. we have not made any plans except we are lock ito flying in and out of Rome.We would like to spend two days in Rome and the rest in Tuscany is this possible ? we can rent a car in the beginning or end of the trip. could use some help in where to go and STAY . The more I look the more I am confused??????

We would be in italy for 6 days

Thank You

Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:50 AM

You may want to repost "Please help Italy itinerary". Also post your interests to help people with their suggestions for you. Car in Rome - not a good idea! You could actually stay in Rome for six days, or maybe split it between Rome and Florence. Have you looked at a guide book? that might be another way to decide where else you want to go.
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 10:08 AM

Go look at the Italy trip planning pages on slowtrav.com to get some good ideas about travel in that area and also about hotels.
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 11:26 AM
ira

Hi M,

With only 6 days, I suggest staying in Rome.

You can take a daytrip to Orvieto for a hill-town experience.

Old Jan 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM

If you really want to stay somewhere else besides Rome for part of your visit, then I suggest you pick up you car at the airport when you land and drive there. Put Rome at the end of your stay since you should be in Rome the night before your fly back anyway.
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM

Ira is right -- you don't have enough time to see Rome and go to Tuscany, too. Tuscany is a big place! (I think lots of people think it is about the size of disneyland, but it's not.)

And you can go from Rome to Orvieto on the train in an hour and it is a wonderful hilltop city with great food and views and many caves in the rock (some restaurants are in the caves). And a deep well that was dug in the Renaissance to supply the city in case of siege. You can go down a double helix staircase into it -- or if your knees are bad, just look down from the top. Right nearby is the top of the funicular that you ride to get up into town. Read about it in a guidebook for more ideas.