Reload this Page >

Please critique my itinerary.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:58 AM
ConcernedTourist

Day One: France<BR>Day Two: Germany<BR>Day Three: Italy<BR>Day Four: England<BR>Day Five: Spain<BR>Day Six: Scandinavia<BR><BR><BR>Is this do-able or am I trying to squeeze in too much? I would like to take only trains if possible. Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:01 PM
can I

Sure. Just twinkle your nose or click your heels.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:02 PM
yeahright

Do you have more time? 'Cause I wouldn't skip Moldova if I were you. You can probably do it in one extra day, train and all!

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Can't

Absolutely do-able. However, surprised that you are spending so much of your time in Scandinavia. Its only worth about a half a day.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:04 PM
xyxy

You should be able to fit in a quick trip through Portugal on the morning of day five.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:06 PM
get serious

Posts like this might actually be taken seriously & confuse people who are new to European travel and trying to organize a real trip. Please refrain from taking up space with the ridiculous.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:07 PM
ConcernedTourist

Great info. Keep it coming. By the way, the reason I devoted a whole day to Scandinavia is because I'm planning on doing Switzerland that day too, since they're all right there together.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Suzy

Many people get confused about the various terms for England, such as Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Strongly suggest that you include Ireland and Scotland on Day 4, like Scandinavia they're all together and really just one country.<BR><BR>Also, you should rearrage the list so you go to countries that are near each other -- start with Italy, then France, Spain, England, Scandinavia, Germany. In a circle like that, to save travel time.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:16 PM
no dumb posts

Please stop this rash of stupid posts on what is normally an intelligent and helpful travel site.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:18 PM
ConcernedTourist

You're right "no dumb posts." We need to make room for the umpteenth "intelligent and helpful" post about fat people.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:58 PM
xxx

What month are you planning to do this? If it's fall, I would suggest substituting New England.<BR>

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:01 PM
elvira

Why waste a whole day in Spain? Fly to Morocco for a 1/2 day visit.

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Rapid Traveler, but . . .

You are insane! There is no way you can see all these countries in six weeks, let alone six days. For six days, you should consider four countries, maybe five, but never six. Drop Scandinavia and you should be good to go.

Old May 15th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Surley

Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 15th, 2002, 02:11 PM
applause

Dear Concerned Tourist,<BR><BR>Thank you for bringing humor back to the Forum.<BR><BR>Most Humbly,<BR><BR>Your Biggest Fan<BR><BR>Now where is that sledgehammer?

Old May 15th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Help

I also will be gone for three days- I'm thinking of doing Paris, Lyon,Avignon,<BR>Nice, Rome, & the Dolomites,do you think that I may also visit London and the Normandy beach heads in my spare time?<BR>Please,Please, help.