Reload this Page >

Pleae Help with Pisa , Lucca and Cinque Terre Accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 02:33 AM
Mike Miller

Looking for advice on where to stay in these towns - 1 night each in Pisa and Lucca and 2 in the Cinque Terre (is it worth 2 nites?)

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Heather

Mike, sorry to be no help with Pisa and Lucca, but we stayed in the Cinque Terre for three nights and two full days and loved it. The first night, we stayed in Riomaggiore at a room rented through Edi Apartments (http://www.wel.it/Welcome/Liguria/Ci.../index.uk.html). Others have posted on Edi, but we didn't care for our room. Had we not been exhausted, we would've asked if they had had others available. But, it was very cheap and only for 1 night. Then, we spent two nights in Monterosso at Hotel Pasquale (http://www.pasini.com/pasquale_en.html), which was very clean and has a good location (50 yards to the beach). <BR> <BR>Previously, I have posted on La Tortuga, a restaurant located just a couple of minutes uphill from the Pasquale. It's fabulous and very reasonably priced. <BR> <BR>Please email if you have any questions. <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful vacation!

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Jeanette

Can't help with those two choices, but I can tell you that Hotel Europa in Rapallo is excellent. Prices are outstanding for what you get. It's four star at least, with many other extra features like a golf course, miniature golf, sports center and pool. It has 60 rooms to let and modern bathrooms with hair dryers- some have jacuzzi. The structure has had quite a history too.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 09:16 AM
smark1015

Mike, <BR>Lucca and Pisa are so close in proximity, why not just stay at one place and take a car or train to the other? I would reccomend staying in Lucca, there is a nice 3 star hotel "La Luna" it is in the middle of the town convenient to everything. <BR>Have fun, <BR>Mark

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Judy

I was in Lucca 2 weeks ago, stayed in Hotel Puccini for 3 nights, $45.a night no breakfast.nice clean room.(I asked a quite room in the back) great central location, 5 minutes walk to bus station(I didn't rent a car),all the sights and to lots good restaurants( the best one is just around the corner). 30 minutes train ride to Pisa.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 02:22 AM
Mikej48

Thank all of you for your input. The reason I need to stay in Pisa the first night is that my plane arrives at 9pm. Still looking for some advise on a Pisa Hotel

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Patrick

We spent just one night in Pisa driving from the Cinque Terre to Lucca and enjoyed the city very much. We stayed at the very old family run Royal Victoria. Our first impression was that it was a bit run-down, but after we settled in, we couldn't have been happier. Our room was huge and although there had been no redocrating in about thirty or more years, it was spotless and charming. The owners couldn't have been nicer, booking us at a restaurant (our request) where no English is spoken, but they called ahead and found out what they were serving and we sort of preordered through the hotel. It was a great experience. We also stayed up half the night chatting with one of the sons who was manning the front desk -- we learned a lot about Pisa and Italian life in general! The Royal Victoria faces the river quite near the center of town, which is interesting because it is so non-touristy, unlike the area around the Tower. If you are driving they will meet you in front of the hotel and go park your car for you. Otherwise you can take a taxi and get your car or train the next day. I have a fax # of 39-50-940180, but it is a couple of years old, and I believe some of the city codes may have changed. Not sure about a web site. <BR>By the way, we also stayed at Puccini in Lucca and although the room was tiny, it was a delightful place and an incredible bargain. In Cinque Terre we stayed at Marina Piccola in Manorola. It is a small family run hotel right at the "marina" which is actually just a tiny bay with a cliff that they raise boats up and over with a big hoist, then roll the boats up into the streets. It is a picturesque and quiet town in the CT, and the hotel features an open air restaurant that is great, right over the cliff. Their fax: 39-187-920966. If you are driving, you can enter the town through a gate with a short time restriction to go almost all the way to the hotel and carry your luggage, then you have to come back to park on the edge of town and walk back (about 15 minutes walk). This slight inconvenience was worth it in our opinion as we felt we were definitely not in a tourist center.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Lexma90

Here's another suggestion for the Cinque Terre - Hotel Villa Steno. It's owned by the same family as Hotel Pasquale, but the Villa Steno is farther from the train, and the rooms have balconies. There's an ocean view from each hotel, but at the Villa Steno, you can sit on your balcony and look at it. They have a web site, which I don't have with me, but I'm sure is easily located.