Reload this Page >

planning a trip to portugal!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:03 PM
mary

I am going to portugal with some girl friends of mine and we have no definate plans, just figuring out things as we go. I would love some input on where to go and what to see, I am starting out in Lisbon and from there we are traveling south. What are the nice beeaches,good food, and what to do at night(dancing)? I want to know all about it!!! I am getting so excited so tell me everything.

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:44 AM
Ann Young

Go north. See the real Portugal part of the time. Spend a day visiting Sintra and then on to Obidos and coimbra, a great college town with a wonderful square. Portugal is so inexpensive and beautiful. We are returning this month. We could not get its beauty out of our mind.

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:58 AM
Amy

If you have time...take a trip out to one of Portugal's islands. I went to Madeira last February and loved it!! Such beauty! Flights are quick and not that expensive from Lisbon. Lisbon is wonderful...you will have a great time!

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:34 AM
wells

Hi Mary!<BR>Without knowing your ages,likes or dislikes it's pretty difficult to suggest you a specific plan.<BR>There is plenty to do in and around Lisbon (museums,sightseeing,etc).The Algarve is more of "beach fun".<BR>If you could be more specific i'll be glad to help.<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:02 AM
www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Ol&aacute;. There are some nice places to eat in Lisbon, not very expensive in Baixa. Try Correiros street (near the betesga street). There are also beach near Lisbon, in Costa da Caparica and in cascais line, but if you're heading south, beaches there are much much better.<BR>Night in Lisbon hotspot: Coconuts.

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:17 PM
syl

Evora's a wonderful old city south west of Lisbon.A must see.