Reload this Page >

Planning a trip to north Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 03:16 AM
Ron

Hallo, <BR>I'm planning a trip to north Italy. <BR>Please,any suggestion about interesting <BR>places (and hotels there) I should <BR>stay in. Grazie. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 08:33 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Ron, hard to answer this. Tell us: <BR>WHEN--HOW LONG--WHAT PART--CAR OR TRAINS <BR>HOW MUCH--HOW MANY ??????? <BR>It would take hours to tell it all.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 10:36 AM
Stephen

Verona. Enough said.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 01:28 PM
Don and Linda

We have two excellent Italy travelogues on our non-commercial web site, TheTravelzine.com. <BR> <BR>Don and Linda <BR>http://www.thetravelzine.com/zine.htm

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 12:39 AM
ron

Thanks everybody for your messages. <BR>I'm going to Italy on september. <BR>I want taking a car and exploring <BR>small towns and countryside for 2 weeks.Any suggestion about nice places and farm apartments? <BR>Thanks in advance. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 06:37 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Ron, get a good map and find these places then connect the dots: <BR>VENICE---FIESOLE--SIENA---MONTALCINO <BR>VOLTERRA---PORTOVENERE---LAKE ORTA <BR>That will keep you busy for 2 weeks and <BR>you will see the best of north Italy. <BR>This assumes flying into Venice and out <BR>from Milan---or vice versa. Good luck!

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 11:19 AM
Cam

Hi, Ron. I highly recommend the Dolomites as part of your trip, even if you can only stay one night. My husband and I spent several days near Merano in October of 99 and loved the area. We stayed at the Castel Fragsburg, high on a mountain overlooking Merano -- and I can't say enough about the wonderful accommodations, food, and service. From there, we took day trips, especially scenic routes through the mountains. They were spectacular. We had already spent time in Milan, Siena, Pisa, and St. Gimingiano, and were on our way to Venice, so the Dolomites were a nice diversion, especially since they have an Austrian flavor. Some guests in the hotel actually wore leiderhosen! Please let me know if you have questions.

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 01:57 PM
Carey

Ron, <BR> <BR>You must visit Verona. Forget about Romeo and Juliet and experience how wealthy Italians live! The side walks are all marble, and quite a site to see. My fiance says that Verona is his favorite place in Italy! And that is coming from a man who is not interested in art and architecture, but Verona satisfied his thirst for quality culture!