Reload this Page >

Plane down near Zurich-Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 12:09 AM
Ursula

Last night, shortly after 10 pm local time, a plane (Jumbolino) of Crossair, inflight from Berlin, crashed shortly before landing. 28 passengers plus 5 crew members.<BR>So far, 10 passengers were found dead, 9 severely injured, 14 are still missing.<BR>This morning, 10 am local time, it is reported, but not yet confirmed, that the US pop singer Melanie Thornton was onboard.<BR> <BR>It's another difficult day for Crossair and the whole air travel situation in Switzerland!<BR>I feel sorry for everybody involved.<BR><BR>@--&gt;--&gt;--&gt;----------

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 03:52 AM
jw

Prayers to all those families. J.

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Phil

Swiss National Radio has just confirmed thet Melanie Thornton has been onboard the crashed flight.<BR><BR>No confirmed information yet about the reasons of the crash. It has been reported that bad weather and a new approach procedure to Zurich airport may play a part.<BR><BR>Phil

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 04:41 AM
john

Terrible news <BR><BR>(Early) Reports in the UK say that investigators are looking at mobile phone interference as a possibility <BR><BR>Do the Swiss now have one of Europe's worst aviation safety records ?

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 01:13 PM
christina

due to new contracts between switzerland and germany, all aircrafts inbounding after 10.00 pm coming from the north have to use another runway than usual. the german communitys in the south of germany complained since a long time, that the rumours aircrafts doing are disturbing them and they want, that all aircrafts have to fly another route with less habitants. the swiss gov. and the germans made some silly contracts and that mean, that these aircrafts have to use the less modern runway number 28 instead of number 14 or 16. but every pilot is able to get in over this runway, it's there job and they know normally there business.<BR><BR>they don't know yet what the problem was, the aircraft should land at 10.15 pm at 10.08 pm it was gone on the radar from the z&uuml;rich kloten tower. no one can tell what exactly happend and to do some speculations now is usless for everyone. as soon as they know more, they will tell. you can inform yourself on the following website of crossair:<BR><BR>http://www.crossair.com/accident/index.html<BR><BR>i allways trusted crossair, i'm used to take them often. i still trust them.<BR><BR>christina