I day in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Ross

I day in Paris

Is it possible to see Paris in One day? If yes, what is a must see? <BR>thanks

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Kimerley

Ross, it is not possible to see Paris in one day but you can have a good try! <BR>I visited Paris from London for the day in 98. <BR>Caught the earliest eurostar from London and left Paris on the latest train. <BR>We walked from Gare du Nord and visited the Louvre, Ile St-Louis, Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, walked down the Champs Elysees, train the the Eiffel Tower, ate baguettes and pastries, had a wonderful day. <BR>The visit to the Lourve was brief, saw the Mona Lisa etc, did not go inside Notre Dame but enjoyed the view from outside, did not attempt the eiffel tower but also enjoyed looking at it. <BR>Get a map, work out the best route to see what interests you and go for it. <BR>I am back in Paris for 3 nights this July and can't wait. <BR>Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Sandy

Paris in a day, not really, but you can at least hit the major "been there, done that" sites. It is possible to set the Eiffel Tower, walk across the Seine to the Champs D'Elyses, (sp?), then down toward the Louvre and Notre Dame. Good luck

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:52 PM
Donna

No way you can "see Paris" in one day, but you can see a lot of Paris in one day. Get yourself a good tour guide with photographs and determine what is most appealing to you.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Rob

One day, wow! <BR> <BR>Take one of the double-decker tour buses that leave just to the left of the front of Notre Dame and take you all over the city -- but get one of the trips where you can get on and off the bus at the various stops. <BR> <BR>It'll whet your appetite for a more in-depth trip.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Rex

Sure. Go to the Eiffel Tower. Go to the top. Look down. And out. There it is. All of Paris. <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 11:46 AM
a regular

Hahaha! Rex, clever.

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Miami traveller

You could "see" some of Paris in a day. But, if you don't spend much longer it would be a crime to say that you've visited it. I spent a whole week and didn't even get to Montmartre or the Musee D'Orsay.