Search

Plane Crash

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 03:31 AM
shell

Plane Crash

A plane from Israel to Russia crashed this morning. No more details, but I'm sure that they'll be coming soon.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 03:45 AM
s.fowler

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1579072.stm

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 04:33 AM
dan woodlief

There is also info on CNN's world news page.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Tim

Putin has just announced that he believes it was a terrorist attack. Isreal suspends all flights. This is only the beginning folks.....

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Stop it

Tim, Why add something like "this is only the beginning folks"? We are all well aware of the world we now live in. No need to scare people unless you have specific info!

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 06:37 AM
No Name

I guess we now know that U.S. airport security is no better and no worse than security in India and Russia. <BR> <BR>Somehow, that doesn't make me feel too great.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 07:29 AM
John

CNN is reporting that the Ukraine Military accidentally shot the plane down during a "training mission". <BR> <BR>http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe...ash/index.html <BR> <BR>Fox News has the same report. <BR> <BR>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,35707,00.html <BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Geez

This is only the beginning of what??? Hysteria?! The most current information suggests that this was a military accident. Tragic, yes. Terrorism, no. You can come out of your bomb shelter now, Tim.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 07:37 AM
Tim

Well . . looks like I am a bigger idiot than everyone thought . . I guess it is the beggining of the Ukraine shooting down Russian airplanes? ? <BR> <BR>What do I know anyway?

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 08:59 AM
s.fowler

Reuters is now reporting the "errant missle" theory: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2001...rash_dc_7.html

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Tim

Yeah . . I missed that . . I was down in the bomb shelter where I have been the last four weeks. . can't be to carefull!

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Gullible

Er, if the Russian government says this is a military accident instead of a terrorist attack, why on earth would you believe a word they say? We may never know.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 11:27 AM
ingrid

According to DPA (German Press Agency), Russian President Putin doubts that Ukrainian military shot down the plane because (a) the missiles don't have such a wide range, and (b) Russian observers were present during the Ukrainian military exercises.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:09 PM
StCirq

President Putin has reportedly discounted the missile theory. On the other hand, El Al says there cannot have been a bomb on board. I think I heard on the news this morning that the plane stopped in Bulgaria and several passengers boarded there. Bulgaria may be the weak link.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 04:03 PM
z

Hell . . Vladimir would rather admit a 13 year old Afgansitani girl with a slingshot brought itdown before he would credit the Ukrainian military. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 04:06 PM
s.fowler

z -- thanks for the "realpolitik"

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 04:17 PM
z

Your welcome . . A Glasnote we call it . .

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 04:18 PM
s.fowler

ROTFL!

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 06:44 PM
LOL

How could it have been a Ukranian missle ,there were Russin observers there, probably the same ones who watched he Kursk(sp).

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Monica

Hmmm, it just sounds too coincidental to me to NOT be the Ukraine. They were testing missles in the same area a plane was shot down by a missle? Guess their munitions are better than they thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -