Search

Plan Paris tour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 02:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plan Paris tour

We are 2 adults visiting Paris from 25-28 June 2007. Please suggest things to do/places to see. We are keen on going on a wine tour for a day. We are fond of Musuems and can spend 1 day for that. is Eurodisney worth the trip for adults? What kind of metro pass should we purchase?Thanx.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:08 AM

hey pawan,
on the 25th, you could take the Red Open tour bus, which takes you all around Paris. You can hop on and hop off whenever you like, this saves you buying the metro pass for the day. This could be done for 1 /2 days, you could easily spend one day at Louvre Museum, Musée d'Orsay.. this could be exhaustive enough! So if you take the 2 days hop and hop off bus, you cld get good discounts for many monuments.
i wldn't recommend EuroDisney for adults, unless you cant help seeing Mickey & Minney amongst throngs of people!
If you are interested in Wine tours, you could do one in Loire valley, a bit far, but you get to see beatufiul chateaus too. so probably you could do a chateau and a winery in one go!
I suggest the last day, keep it at your disposal, go to Rue Mouffetard in the 5 district, walk around Le Marais, sit and relax at Jardin du Luxembourg, walk along the seine, take the evening boat rides at Pont Neuf and look at the passing public on Pont des arts.
You could purchase a 3 day visitors pass for the Metro, but if you are gonna take the Open Bus tours, you could save on that, as the bus takes you all around Paris, so you can co-ordinate effeciently. Lemme knwo if you need more help on anything, as I have been here since 2 years, and have had enough of family and friends visiting this etheral city!
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:10 AM

also i forgot to add, that you can probably go to the region taht produces champagne, its a 2 hour journey from Paris, either go to Reims where you can visit many of the famous Champagne houses, else Epernay which hosts the famous Moet et Chandon. The train journey is very cheap, so dnt take a guided tour, its fun to do it on your own. Reims is a n,ice city to visit apart from the champagne houses too!!
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanx Amarja,
What will the Red Open Tour bus cost for 1/2 days. Does this pass provide free access to museums and monuments? Which ones would you recommend as a "must see"? What about Versailles musuem, will the bus take us there as well? can the Wine tour to the Loire valley be done on our own? or is a guided tour essential? A visit to Moet et Chandon sounds very interesting..
Is there a combined pass for the boat cruises with the bus tours?
We have a 3 day Rail pass out of which 1 day will be used to travel to Nice (any suggestions on things to do?), 1 day to travel from Nice to Geneva, which leaves us with 1 day in spare. What would you suggest we use this for?
Thanx once again and look forward to further guidance.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:47 PM

If you only have three days, stay in Paris and forget the Loire Valley and Versailles and certainly Eurodisney.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM

I agree... you don't have time for a day trip. Just wander around Paris. You can visit museums or not, it's up to you. I think it's more important to just wander around and be there. I'm fond of Monet so I headed straight to the Musee Marmottan in the 17th and this next visit I will be seeing the Water Lilies in the Orangerie.

But that is just me, my daughter is much more into shopping. You have many options in Paris. Please don't limit yourself to some "must see" but rather we saw.

Cheers! Have a Grand time.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:42 PM

Here are some tools to help with your visit. Be sure to go to the Paris Tourist Office for assistance, brochures and maps, and their excellent "Paris for You" booklet of all the sights, museums, etc.
Main office: 25 rue des Pyramides, 75001
http://en.parisinfo.com/our-welcome-centres/

www.parisvision.com/
www.paris-opentour.com/

Paris in Three Days:
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/desti.../parisitin.htm
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/desti...nce/paris1.htm
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/desti...nce/paris2.htm
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/desti...nce/marais.htm
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Fodorites. We catch the flight in a few hours. hey Amarja, where are you? Just wanted to ask you if you have heard of Nagpur? Knew someone by your name who moved to Australia.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 12:30 PM

We have been to Paris several times. We enjoyed each trip. Of course you will want to see the lourve and Musee de Orsay, Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. Take the bus as much as possible, we took the subway on our first trip most everywhere, we now enjoy just riding the buses and seeing the town. I have some agendas of our trip on our web site emilyandjim.info