Reload this Page >

Places to stay in Granda?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 12:46 PM
J. Gallagher

I want to thank everyone who has helped me with other questions. I'm currently trying to find a nice place in Granada for 2 nights in November. I'm finding that many places are booked (ie Parador, Hotel America, etc). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! <BR> <BR>Thanks again, <BR>Jackie

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Mary

We stayed at the Anacapri - had a quad room.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 07:10 PM
Deena

We stayed at the Tryp Albaicin. It was located centrally on a nice pedestrian promonade. It was reasonably priced, as well. Try checking the Tryp Hotel Reservations website to have a look at it (I believe it may owned by the Utell hotel group).

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 08:25 PM
Art

Hi, we stayed at the Washington Irving when in Granada. It is accross the street from the Alhambra. Rooms were not great but clean and relitivly inexpensive. <BR>Art <BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 04:45 AM
Marija

Don't give up on the Parador. Keep faxing them since they often have cancellations. We got in a week before we left, although six months prior to that they said no rooms were available.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 08:23 AM
Colleen

We recently stayed at Hotel Macia, which is right on Pl. Nueva, at the base of the street leading up to the Alhambra. Convenient location, decent hotel, nice breakfast, and pretty quiet.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 02:48 PM
Graziella

Hi, I agree that the Marcia hotel is welll located at the bottom of the hill <BR>"cuesta" leading to the Alhambra. There is a little bus to get there and taxis are only a couple of dollars. <BR>I prefer to stay in that genera area. <BR>However if you feel to stay up the hill near the Alhambra I stayed once at the <BR>America and felt it was over rated, I would rather stay at the Parador. <BR>( And let me tell you that I prefer smaller hotels but not in this case) <BR> <BR>So in a few words I think that I prefer the Marcia Hotel. <BR>PS Be sure you reserve in advance your ticket for visitng the ALhambra.

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 07:29 AM
Gail

If price is no object, then you definitely want to stay at the Hotel Alhambra Palace. The nice thing about being close to the Alhambra is that you can run up and get your tickets first thing in the morning. Even if you don't end up staying there, stop in after your day at the Alhambra to "tomar." The prices for coffee and dessert are slightly more expensive than the the rest of Granada, but the view is worth it.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:14 AM
Paige

I was just in Granada and stayed at the Hotel Macia and Hotel Anacapri. I didn't care for the Macia. 'Quiet' rooms all have opaque windows so they are rather dark and we were told rooms on the front of the building are extremely noisy. The hot water was very undependable and when we put our key in the slot to turn on the electricity in the room, it buzzed nonstop. We found the Plaza Nueva (where the Macia is) to be rather seedy. Not dangerous, but plenty of beggars, homeless people, etc hanging around. The one good thing about the hotel was that the staff was very friendly. It was ok, but I wouldn't stay there again. We also stayed at the Anacapri and liked it much more. It was a step or 2 up from the Macia and of course, cost more. We thought it was worth it and would stay there again. The staff there was also very friendly.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Brad

Stay at the Hotel Tryp Albycin. My girlfriend and her father stayed there and loved it. Unlike the Alhambra Palace and Parador, it's centerally located. My parents stayed at the Alhambra Palace and we always took taxi's up and down the hill -- it is a tiring walk up and down. I lived there for 5 months last year, so feel free to e-mail me with any questions. <BR>