where are the internet cafes in Germany?

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Debbie

where are the internet cafes in Germany?

My husband and I will be traveling into Frankfurt soon, and I have made my husband promise NO computers would follow us on this vacation(our business). Sooo..I have promised him I would try to get some info on internet cafes in some of the large cities we plan to visit.Like Frankfurt, Munich, Freiburg. So,does anyone know where to look? <BR> <BR>Thanks a lot(i think) <BR> <BR>Deb

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 08:09 PM
betsy

There's a great new net cafe in Freiburg. It's close to the center, just across the street from the church with the Michaelangelo statue. Sorry, I can't be more specific, but I don't think you'll have difficulty finding it. Have fun with the German keyboard!

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 11:40 PM
Angela

The big department stores "Karstadt" and "Kaufhof" (the logos are bright green and white) have internet cafes in the majority of their stores. They will be easy to find, just ask anyone but you should see them easily enough in the city centres. Internet access at both of them is good value. Internet access without bringing a computer will be no problem, in fact I only ever have problems if I try to use my computer for internet access in my hotel room, when I travel elsewhere in Germany. <BR>Angela <BR>

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 11:44 PM
Angela

Debbie <BR>For internet cafes in Kaufhof copy and paste the following. It is german but if you scroll down you will see a list of German cities where Kaufhof have internet cafes. <BR> <BR>http://www.kaufhof.de/cfweb/v_h4/fra...linktyp=intern

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 11:47 PM
Angela

For Karstadt copy and paste the following, this is Karstadt cybercafes locations in English, sorry I have to do this over three postings. I couldn't work out a way of getting all the info on one! Hope it helps though <BR> <BR>http://www.karstadt.de/engl/service/

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 12:24 AM
Myriam

On www.netcafeguide.com you will find thousands of internet cafes all over the world.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 11:57 AM
Ann

Debbie, you don't even have to be in the big cities to find internet cafes. The department stores mentioned have them, and we even found a local internet cafe in the heart of Rothenburg, open from noon until late at night. There's one in a shopping arcade just off the Marienplatz in Munich (inside a great Italian cafe) and in the Kaufhof just off the main square in Freiburg. One of the nicest was in downtown Garmisch - it was no-smoking!! You can also just ask in computer shops... one guy in a small store in downtown Berchtesgaden let us go online with his laptop for a donation to his coffee fund! You should plan on between DM 5-10 for an hour.