COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Places to eat in walking distance from ...

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

the Archeological Museum in Napoli? anyone have recommendations?
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 07:55 AM
MMM

On Via Tribunali, about a 15-minute walk from the Museo Archeologico Regionale, is one of Napoli's most famous pizzerias, Di Matteo. It is not a restaurant, but rather a pizzeria, so I wouldn't go there if you are looking for a leisurely, sit-down meal. The address and phone number: Via Tribunali 94, Tel 081 45.52.62
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 08:28 AM

Sorry, don't remember the name, but the pizzeria directly across the street from the entrance/exit to the museum is very good. We had pizza there and were very pleased with the food and service. Inexpensive also.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 08:51 AM

I don't remember the name of the place, but 3 years ago I had a fantastic meal at a restaurant down the street from the museum. To get there, leave the front of the museum and cross the street directly in front of you. Facing the same direction, keep walking down the street. The restaurant was a few steps ahead on the right.

This restaurant had a choice of outdoor and indoor dining. The menu was extensive (many choices), but being in Naples, I decided to have the pizza. It was incredible: unlike any pizza I ever had in the USA.

This restaurant was open only for lunch and dinner. It was closed midday from about 3-7 pm.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 10:29 AM

This isn't a restaurant at all. However, on our way walking to the museum my husband bought a grilled bread/feta/tomato sort of thing from a street vendor (similar to a calzone but cooked on a grill). Cost was around $1. It was without a doubt the very best thing we ate while in Italy. We still talk about it almost 3 years after our trip! If you happen to spot a vendor selling this treat be sure to stop.