Search

Pittsburgh GTG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsburgh GTG

The small but mighty Pittsburgh Fodor's group is having another get together.

We would like to catch the interest of all of the area posters to meet with us.

The meeting is November 5th, this Saturday.
The time is 1:00 at the Panera's in Robinson.
We usually manage to move to the private room there and can really talk about all of our recent and future travel plans.

Please try to join us.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:19 AM

Sher, Kurt and I will be there! Can't wait.

I will try to bring my laptop and show some wedding pictures. Also, I've had full body plastic surgery since you last saw me. Now, that should get some curiosity going.

Can you send your phone number to me at my [email protected] email address?

Thanks,
Debbie
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

WOW Deb. Now you have me very curious.

The phone number is on the way.

Sherry

It will be great to see you guys.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:05 PM

The Pgh. GTG took place on Saturday and was attended by the faithful, if small, group: Larry J and les trois femmes ( Sher, Tuscanlifeedit, Grandmere) and their husbands.

Larry J, just returned from France scant weeks ago and returning in less than three weeks, is The Super Traveler of the group. We saw some lovely photos of the Normandy coast (can't believe I made the bad decision not to go to Etretat in May) and the Riviera. I think he's on his way to becoming an ex-pat.

Tuscanlifeedit, looking tres chic and still basking in the happy memories of her daughter's recent wedding, is traveling with her husband to western USA next week and has a trip to explore new places in Italy in the offing, as usual!

Sher and her husband have a new place in FL that is taking a lot of their time and energy, so no European plans for now. It won't be long before they do, I'm sure, and won't the rest of us W. PA-ers be envious when The Cold sets in here and stays until April.

I am going to Paris and Strasbourg early Dec. with my cousin; anything that smacks of lots of shopping (read Alsacien Christmas markets) scares my husband away. But he did voluntarily renew his passport last week; that's a good sign!

I bought my first ever digital camera (hard to believe, n'est-ce pas?) last week, and Tuscanlifeedit's husband, a professional photographer, took a picture of us four Fodorites with it. As soon as my son-in-law shows me how to put the photo online, I will post it.

A lot of the conversation centered around how to fly (easily and economically) out of our "eastern mid-west" location, made much more difficult by USAirways' closing down PIT as a hub.

A la prochaine!
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:26 PM

We did all have a great time. Grandmere, thanks for posting the report. You said it all.

Ciao and Grazie,
Debbie
ps. Perhaps next time we can attract a few more W.PA area folks. This group is fun and knowledgable; talkative; generous. It was great.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

And a great time was had by all, especially me (and my DH even enjoyed himself).

I hope all of you have a great holiday season. All of us are headed somewhere.

Let's plan another GTG after the New Year and before Larry and Tuscan get to return to Europe. I am envious! Even Grandmere is going this year.

Oh well. They will take pictures and I will get to enjoy them, at least.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 05:13 AM

"Even Grandmere is going this year." ???