Pienza to Positano

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:54 PM
Dorothy

Pienza to Positano

Hi, We will be traveling for the second half
of our trip to Positano from Pienza(will have spent 5 days in Tuscany) according to michelin it will take about 4 1/2 hours. Looking for imput on what to see and where to stop along the way. Leaving early am
8-9ish but want to get to positano before dark. Any suggestions are welcome. Going Oct. 2-12

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:53 PM
ttt

topping for Dorothy...

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:03 PM
ttt

Topping

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Diane

The highway part of the trip will go quickly -- but once you strike out for the Amalfi Coast Road, it will take much longer than you might anticipate. I'd only stop for lunch on the way (I'll take a look at my maps from last year and see if anything jumps out at me as a good place to stop for lunch & a break) and then you can enjoy the beautiful mountains, vertical lemon groves and vinyards of the Amalfi Coast, and recover from the drive once you've reached Positano.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 03:10 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

There really is no easy place to stop except Orvieto--and that is not far. However, I would take S-2 south from San Quirico and then divert into Orvieto for at least an hour. From there, get back to A-1 south and make time. The other nice place is Tivoli, but it is a good distance off the road.
Get around Naples before 16:00.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Dorothy

Thanks for the reply's. Bob, we plan to stop in Orvieto on our first day in Italy. We will be driving up to Radda from Rome and should pass buy Orvieto just around lunch time. I think the best thing to do is to go straight through to Positano and then relax.
Tahnks