Piedmont in September by car

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2024, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Husband and I planning to stay in Alba, or would you recommend La Morra? Verduno? Serralunga? We are interested in seeing this area that we have never been to. planning on one day in Turin, have been to Lake Orto and Como so aiming for the Langhe wine region of Neive, La Morra, Verduno and such.

Any recommendations are appreciated, at this point have booked an airbnb in Alba for five nights. Have been recommended to Trattoria day Bercau, in Verduno for dinner.

Any towns, markets, restaurants, historic (Roman!) sites, etc are appreciated. Many thanks. Continuing on to Camogli afterwards.
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 07:12 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out Chapters Ten Thru Seventeen (link below) of my 2018 Italy Trip Report (plenty of photos). It covers our four days based in La Morra and then three days in Turin. (sadly the restaurant I highlighted, Bovio, is out of business). Our hotel/winery in La Morra is perhaps the best place we've ever stayed, however it only has four rooms, so it is probably booked already for September. We loved La Morra as a base, but Alba would be terrific, also. We visited a lot of towns while there. In Turin, my favorite places to see were the Museo Nazionale del Cinema located inside the Mole Antonelliana tower. The building was originally a synagogue. The museum is fantastic, and if it's running take the Panoramic Lift to the top. Taking the Sassi-Superga Cog Train to the Basilica di Superga, The tour beneath the church to see the tombs was fantastic (we got a little bonus, too). Piemonte quickly became my favorite region in Italy. Have fun (included a couple of photos below link)

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/italy-2018/

photo of La Morra ...

photo of a few of the tombs underneath Basilica di Superga