Pictures

Old Aug 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures

I am taking a cruise in November and hitting the ports of Bari Italy, Olympia, Greece, Rhodes Greece, Santorini Greece and Mykonos Greece as well as Dubrovnik Croatia. My question is I was just wondering if anyone has been there and if they have any pictures that I could see? I'm curious to see pictures from a regular person's perspective rather than a professional photographer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM

www.virtualtourist.com

Good local postings your areas with
photos.
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Use Google's image function and just type in whichever location you want to see.
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My pix from Greece, including Olympia and Rhodes, are here: kwilhelm.smugmug.com/Travel/264391
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Second www.virtualtourist.com.
Check out the members' travel pages on these destinations (the "destinations" search function will help you to find them). These pages are made by forum members, they contain not only people's own photos but also a lot of insider travel tips and information.
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM

thursdaysd, I just loved your pics of Greece. They were terrific and made me think about going there in the near future. Thank you for sharing and for clearly identifying each shot.

Question - you were on a Rick Steeves tour, correct? Did you like it? How were the accomodations? Did each room have a private bath? (His brochures warn that may not always be the case.) Did you have to tote your bags over long distances? What about the walking/treking? Was your tour group fun? If you have taken other tours in Europe, how did Rick's tour compare to them? Would you do another with this agency?

I love his tv shows, but I am wondering if his "back door" approach would be for me.

Thanks so much....
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 06:00 PM

I know you probably want to see some photos in the scope of a personal trip, but I like to use Flickr.com to find photos of places. I've come across some extraordinary photos there.
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM

There are some of my pictures of Dubrovnik on here:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/223336/index.html

Worldisround is also a great place to search for travel photographs, ordered by region.
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Helen - thanks, glad you liked my pix! Yes, I was on a Rick Steves tour. I've done four with him over the years, but none with a different operator in Europe (I use Intrepid in Asia). I really prefer to travel independently, and he doesn't have any other tours I'm interested in, except possibly Scandinavia.

The guides are generally excellent, and the tour members fun to travel with. Accommodations are as advertised - comfortable and central but not luxurious - I've always had en-suite bathrooms, although I expect to share a bedroom and therefore bath with one other person as I travel solo. Food is ample but not gourmet. Yes, you'll do a lot of walking, but I've never had to walk too far with my bag.

For feedback from travelers see tours.ricksteves.com/evaluation/publicevals/ and links to scrapbooks see tours.ricksteves.com/tours08/testimony.cfm. The report on my Greek RS tour is at wilhelmswords.com/eur2006/index.html and on my Sicily tour (this spring) at http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35133064.