Search

Photographers

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photographers

This might be a question you haven't heard before. While on vacation with our daughter in Italy this summer (July) my wife thinks we should get her senior pictures taken. We will be visiting Venice, Rome, Sienna, and Cinque Terre. Has anyone ever done this before and/or have any suggestions?
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Allow me a Very Dumb Question - what are "senior pictures"?
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM

Doesn't she need to get her senior picture taken at the same time as the rest of her class so it is included in the yearbook (annual)? Can you submit your own photo?

Each year the high schools (secondary schools) in the US take photos of students from each class and publish what is known as a year book or annual. There are also candid shots of students and photos of teachers and staff. A senior picture is a photo of a high school student who will be a senior (last year of high school) during the next academic year (the school year begins in late August or early September).
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:17 AM

quokka - my second paragraph was for you to explain senior pictures.
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM

Hello Bob, as adrienne posted, all the high schools in our area also require the Senior pictures to be taken by a specified photographer, some are great photographers and some not so much sadly.

Does your daughter high school have this same requirement?

In any case even if they do it would be a beautiful idea to have a formal photo taken of your daughter while you all are in Italy. Even if her high school refuses to accept it for the year book it would be a priceless reminder for you and your wife and also your daughter to have I am sure. I wish we had thought to do that when we had our daughter in Italy before she started her Senior year. Best wishes you three have as lovely of a time as we did with our daughter!