Search

Peter the Great

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter the Great

Anyone using this ship please contact me. Seriously considering cruise next spring. Like the itinerary and activities offered but am concerned about the amenities.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM
pat

Haven`t been on it, but have friends who have been, and are now on it again. They aren`t fancy people, so I don`t know about the amenities.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM

I accompanied my parents on this ship for two weeks last summer,travelled from Moscow to St.Petersburg.

"Peter the Great"is the English name, the real name is M/S Zosima Shashkov",it is a mid-range ship, very small cabins and tiny bothrooms, simple but functional public areas,meals were adequate but nothing fancy.

The crews told me that they needed the help of icebreaker to go through the lake early June last year. If you plan to go in the spring, please be prepared for the weather.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:54 PM

The ships used are all basically the same that are used for the cruises in Russia, they are owned by Russian shipping companies, with space being bought by the various cruise agencies. If you want a lager cabin get one of the suites, if it is available.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM

In general the river cruise ships in Russia used by Western companies have better facilities on board and far better food. It's an issue of quality control-Uniworld for instance is very strict about maintaining standards on the ships they use, while some other companies are not so strict.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:30 PM

Message: If anyone has been on the MS Peter the Great sailing between Moscow and St. Petersburg in the last couple of years, any comments on the following would be appreciated.

1. Cabins (standard and upgraded)
2. Food/Dining Room Ambience
3. Bar Service
4. Staff
5. Shore excursions
6. Ship Activities

Thanks for any help.

James