when to cruise and cruiseship for Russia

Oct 19th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

when to cruise and cruiseship for Russia

I would like to take a cruise aboard the MS Kronstad for a 11 night cruise. When is the best month to cruise? Is it better to cruise from Moscow to St. Petersberg or St. Pertersberg to Moscow? Anyone able to give me comments on Ms Kronstad and what the lower deck accomodation is like?
Thanks
Oct 19th, 2005, 08:09 PM
rex

topping...
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:01 PM

I like the end of June, when the days are longer.

I didn't find much difference in the direction that you travel, depends a lot on your flight connections or other travel arrangements.

I don't know what the deck arrangements are on the Kronstad, but if you are calling the lower deck, the deck at the waterline with the portholes, I would not recommend it. If the Kronstad is a 4-deck ship and calling the lower deck deck 1, I would recommend deck 3 or 4. Deck 2 is much of a working deck, with very little or limited outside sitting. Some of the cabins on lower deck may be larger, as they may have space for 3 or 4 people.

Oct 20th, 2005, 07:27 PM

Many of the cruise ships in Russia are much the same. To get an idea of the layout have a look at MS Litvinov at:
http://www.cruise.ru/aboard/fleet/ms_litvinov.html
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:41 PM

I cruised from St. P. to Moscow and if I were to do it again, I would reverse it.
I would rather start with the "big city" and end with the prettier and calmer St. Peter. By the time we reached Moscow we were tired, sick of the food and not in the mood to take on such a metropolis. We enjoyed it, but I would have enjoyed it more at the beginning of the cruise.

We spent extra time in both cities on each end and it was a wonderful trip.
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:42 PM

BTW, see if you can book it so you are in St. P during the white nights around the June solstice.

Search this Thread