Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Personal video monitors - flights to London - which airlines?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 06:30 AM
x

We will be flying Chicago to London. Which airlines have the personal video screens for each seat in cattle - I mean coach - class? We have not flown that route before, so not sure if it matters (in the past, we flew Houston to London, so we know that Continental offered them on those flights). Thanks.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Karen

Virgin Atlantic have seatback TV screens on all their flights, you could even check on their website which films would be playing (not sure if you still can??). I think they fly from Chicago too. I've flown with them twice to Florida and they have been great both times, they are definitely the airline of choice for most Brits.<BR><BR>Karen

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:17 AM
xxx

United 777 to London has the TV monitors

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Mel P

Virgin was one of the first (if not *the* first) with seatback video in Coach, but they are currently not flying from Chicago, unfortunately (although its fortunate for me since my Chicago area bro-in-law gave me a free award ticket to London using Virgin miles he can't personally use now. ).

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Grasshopper

I flew on a Singapore Air 777 and it not only the individual screens but little remote controls that included a bunch of video games.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 09:43 AM
b

I wasn't sure about British Airways, but I know they fly from Chicago to London, so I checked their website. Don't know if this answer helps much: Almost every seat on long haul flights has its own 6.3 inch liquid crystal display video screen throughout all World Traveller cabins.<BR>1) Does World Traveller = Coach class?<BR>2) It says ALMOST every seat has them - how do you know which seats DON'T?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:04 AM
kit

Look at seatguru.com. They have this information by airline.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Cynthia

We just flew British Air from San Fran to London and both ways had the personal screens. World Traveller is coach class. It is really 4th class as they have reconfigured their 747's into 4 classes. First, Business, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller. I'm not sure what all you get with World Traveller Plus -- They informed us that they give all bulk head and exit rows to world traveller plus. Maybe that's all you get.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 11:00 AM
M.G.

Last year I was upgraded to World Traveller Plus by chance because of a plane change; it's the first three or four rows in coach. Basically, there is a tiny, tiny bit more leg room than the rest of the coach (World Traveller) seats, and a personal tv screen. <BR><BR>WT Plus hardly seemed worth the extra money it costs. If I were going to upgrade on BA, I'd save up for Business.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:01 PM
xxx

World Traveller is horrible. The seats are more narrow and the legroom-well, there isn't any.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Christina

I've flown BA &quot;world traveler&quot; class twice in the last six months from Washington DC to London or back and none of those flights had the individual TV screens. They were different types of planes, also (one was 767, I forget what the others were). Above is correct, &quot;world traveler&quot; class is awful, I think the smallest seats and pitch I've ever encountered. <BR><BR>The only way to know for sure about a specific flight and plane is to call up the specific airline and ask them, at least on BA. Maybe that info is on the reservations site somewhere, I forget, but BA is somewhat secretive about seat arrangements, space, etc (probably because it's so bad).

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Bobby Trendy

USAIRWAYS.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Keith

American doesn't.<BR><BR>But I am alright with that. I get a lot more benefit from sleeping on the plane as much as possible<BR><BR> Keith