Reload this Page >

Personal Guides Services in Tuscany?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 06:46 AM
Pauli

<BR>Does anyone have a recommendation for a personal travel guide compnay for the Tuscany region of Italy? I am a middle-aged women who will be travelling there alone or with another middle-aged women friend if she can get away from her kids for a week or so. I am a novice at European travel, so I'd like to know if there is a private guide service that I could retain to drive us safely throughout this region (I've heard horror stories about the local driving habits) and show/explain the various highlights of this region. Any advice from the much more worldly readership would be greatly appreciated. Also, in general, how safe is the Tuscany region? I've heard that there are seldom any problems, can anyone confirm?

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 11:59 AM
Kiki

Hi Pauli! <BR> <BR>I spent several days in Florence wit my friend and we took a tour with Christina. She's a young woman and touring with privat fellows through the Chianti. It was very interesting and we shopped like Italians are doing it. I highly recommend her! I can give you her e-mail: [email protected] she do even have a own website but unfortunately I forgott the adress. Sorry about that! <BR> <BR>I'm sure she will help you to figure out what you need. I just can tell you: with here you feel like to be at home! <BR> <BR>Ciao! <BR>Kiki

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 12:47 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Pauli, Contact Paulo at the company <BR>known as Italy Independent Travel Team. <BR>Search under that name and you will find <BR>their site. He has a variety of services <BR>and many private drivers who are also <BR>qualified as guides. Tell Paulo I sent <BR>you to him. He speaks excllent english.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 05:06 AM
Pauli

Kiki: <BR> <BR>Your recommendations are greatly appreciated. <BR> <BR>Did your tour guide have a pre-set route to follow, or were there opportunities to go off the beaten path, such as Pisa or the Etruscan ruins? <BR> <BR>Do you have any general idea on the cost of such an excellent private tour guide per day (per diem)? <BR> <BR>Ciao* <BR> <BR>Pauli <BR> <BR>(* I started using my guidebook phrases already!)

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 10:42 AM
Kiki

Hi Pauli <BR> <BR>Well, we did a tour to (hope I remember all the names) from Florence to Impruneta, Grev in the Chianti, Montefiralle (very! nice small medival place. I loved it and I know you can't find it if you don't know where it is), then all over the hills to San Caschano and back to Florence. We spent around 5 hours, she told us a lot about history, how people live today, we asked millions of questions and it was marvelous. What I liked particularly? She never pushed to look things. She explaned everything in the beginning and we could choose if we would like to visit the Church or not. It was very relaxed. I saw a lot of the Country what I couldn't see with others I'm sure about that. She took for the whole afternoon 45$ each of us. I don't know how much she's taking for daytrips. But ask herself, I'm sure she will help you! <BR> <BR>I met some Americans who looked to find a privat tourguide for one day and they told me, they had to spent 500$. I don't think that she's taking this amount, could be around 100$ for a day?? <BR> <BR>Ciao (yes even I <BR> <BR>Kiki