Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Personal experience with the Elizabeth Hotel in London?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Stephen

Any personal insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Peter

There are two hotels by that name. Do you mean the Elizabeth or the London Elizabeth, and what would you like to know?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 03:38 AM
belinda

If you mean the London Elizabeth on Lancaster Gate, I have nothing but good things to say about this little hotel. Stayed there in May 2002. Service was great, room nice, close to underground stop, easy to catch a cab right outside door, room service and adorable little hotel pub.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Nick

Lots and lots or reviews on London Elizabeth Hotel through this web site- I stayed there in Greville Janner suite - very good, but if you get a bad room e.g on very busy street, your view will be very different - see rants and raves and you will see that people either it give it a big thumbs up or big thumbs down.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:11 PM
kam

Big yes to London Elizabeth at Lancaster Gate on Hyde Park, big no to Elizabeth Hotel.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:35 PM
jer

Hi Stephen, we stayed in the Elizabeth Hotel about 6 years ago. It was Okay, the location was okay (by victoria station), but since then I have heard that they went in and refurbished the property. I called to reserve a room and it was really expensive. I didn't think it was worth 300.00 a night. Last time we were in London we stayed at the Shaftsbury. The location was great. Walk home at night from the theater, resturants. Much better than the long ride back to the Elizabeth.