Persian & sushi restaurants in London

Oct 26th, 2002, 07:21 AM
DianeG

Persian & sushi restaurants in London

I'm looking for recommendations for A Persian and a sushi restaurant in London. The Persian restaurant would be for dinner and sushi likely for lunch.

We would be price-sensitive for the sushi restaurants and would like to try one of the conveyor-belt type sushi places.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Oct 26th, 2002, 07:45 AM
steve

There is a Sushi bar in Paddington Station. My wife was pregnant during our trip so we did not try it, but it always appeared very busy. And yes, they had a conveyor belt.

Oct 26th, 2002, 10:16 AM
ajs

Had great Sushi at Itsu, in So Ken. Very close to Sloane St & Fulham Rd. I'm not a big sushi fan, but my wife is and they had plenty to keep us both happy. Had never seen the conveyor belt before that.
Don't know about Persian, but a friend who has traveled to London for 20 years highly recommends a Turkish place called Topkapi on Marylbone St.
Hope that helps.

Oct 26th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Holly

They have a sushi bar in the food court at Harrod's (no conveyor belt though). Looked pretty fresh. There's also Nobu, which I think can get pricey. Have fun!

Oct 26th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Judy

For sushi on the conveyer belt, try Yo Sushi!, several locations in London. Just check your telephone book in the hotel for one close to you.

For Persian, I can only list what I found when reading the Zagat for our upcoming trip to London. They has three:
Alounak, 2 locations (Bayswater&Olympia)
Kandoo, Edgeware Road
Yas, 2 locations (Paddington&Olympia)

I can recommend the Yo Sushi! restaurants, but know nothing of the Persian but what was in the guide. You can view it online www.zagat.com.

Hope this helps.

Judy, not in Germany now.

Oct 27th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Kate

Hi Sushi is a really nice sushi restaurant, with delicate and delicous sushi and a few noodle dishes and bentos. There's a branch on Hampstead High Street, and another at 40 Frith Street in Soho.

Now, I can only quote the review, I'm afraid I haven't been, but this was in yesterday's paper, in a column I trust:

Yas on the Park
New branch of the already established Yas in Olympia brings the pleasures of Iranian cooking to Bayswater. Less widely available than Lebanese, Iranian food is particularly distinguised by the liberal use of herbs. Shabzi khordan, a slad of sprigs of herbs eaten with feta and flat bread, makes an aromatic beginning. Kuku-ye-sabsi is like an omelette with walnuts and enough herbs to turn it green. Iranian rice is exceptionally good, too. 31-33 Sussex Place, London W2, 020 7706 2633

Oct 27th, 2002, 11:15 AM
BTilke

We ate at the Yo Sushi in Hampstead qnd it was fine and inexpensive. What I liked best about it was that I could get soft shell crab--virtually impossible to find back in Brussels. In general, none of the sushi bars I've tried anywhere in Europe match the quality of the average sushi bar in the Pacific Northwest, but there are some decent ones.

Search this Thread