Search

Pernera, Cyprus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:17 AM
dawn waldock

Pernera, Cyprus

Staying at the hotel Pashcalia in Pernera/Protaras, Cyprus in October - anyone been?<BR><BR>Also, this may be a really sad question but I'm a huge Formula 1 fan - anyone know of any bars nearby that feature the races?

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:11 AM
effregg

you are unfortunately going to the wrong side of Cyprus - you should have chosen to go to the Turkish part....you may aswell stay in yr own country if u will go to the Southern part !! Its shit, too civilised and the food is bad. The real adventure lies on the other side. You would also get 3 times more and better for your money. Ciao.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:42 AM
dawn waldock

Thanks for your opinion, sounds like you had a bad experience. I'll post a review upon my return.<BR><BR>In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for good places to eat and drink, and of course, to watch the F1?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Pixie

Dawn - sounds to me that Effregg is a Turk with a chip on his shoulder about The Republic of Cyprus (whoever thought being 'too civilised' would be a bad point??). By comparison the North OCCUPIED side of Cyprus is poorer and does not have the amenities that the South does, although it probably is cheaper.<BR><BR>I stayed at Paschalia about 8 years ago and although the hotel was nice (it was brand new at the time) the service was a bit chaotic - could have been bcs of the newness tho.<BR><BR>I'm sure the hotel itself will have TVs showing the F1 - Cypriots love their rallies. If you prefer to go to a bar, simply ask one of the hotel staff - almost everyone in Cyprus speaks English fluently.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Pixie

Forgot to mention - go to Kalamies tavern, which is a local institution. Fabulous fresh fish, kebabs and salads and all right above a lovely beach too