Pensione/Hotel Navona

Jun 20th, 2001, 11:49 AM
kila

Pensione/Hotel Navona

Has anyone either heard of or stayed at this location? I'm interested in saving money, but am worried about cleanliness and safety. Any comments?

Jun 20th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Capo

Hi Kila. We didn't stay there, but we looked at it when we were in Rome a few months ago, and it seemed nice and clean (the entry & lobby anyway, we weren't able to see any rooms since they were full.)

Does your concern about safety have to do with the hotel itself, or the location? If it's the location, I wouldn't worry. It's in a superb location, very close to Piazza Navona.

Jun 20th, 2001, 02:04 PM
kila

I was concerned that it might be more of a "hostel" type atmosphere due to the low cost. I'm going there with my mother, and though we definitely don't need anything fancy, I don't want to be anywhere with a curfew, etc.

Jun 20th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Capo

Thanks, Kila.

Another question for you: you already mentioned one concern, a curfew, which some hostels have, but other than that, by "hostel" type atmosphere, do you mean shared rooms, shared bathrooms, a lot of noise, something else?

Jun 21st, 2001, 09:47 PM
Shelley

We actually wanted to book that hotel as it was listed in the AAA book and as I recall recommended in other places. It is a great location and unfortunately it was booked.

Jun 24th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Karen

Hi Kila,
We just stayed for 4 nights in May at the Hotel Navona.
Don't worry, it is very clean.
The rooms are small and basic. Some have shared bath, but we booked a room with our own bath.
The staff speaks English and were very nice.
The best part is the location!
It is just a block off of the Piazza Navona. It is the best part of the city to be in. Lots of restaurants, etc. The Pantheon is only a couple of blocks walk! I couldn't believe that we could get such a good location at such a reasonable price.
If you want to go during the busy season, you may have to book well ahead of time.
Have fun!
Karen

Jun 24th, 2001, 09:14 AM
Alan Munson

Karen:
Does Hotel Navona have a web-site? If not , what rate did you pay when you were there in May?

Jun 24th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Rich

Try this:

http://www.hotelnavona.com/Index.htm

Jun 24th, 2001, 03:54 PM
karen

We paid 270,000 ITL per night for 3 people in a room w/bath and breakfast.
That was about 125.00 USD.
The breakfast was very spartan (a roll and coffee or tea), but that was fine with us.