Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need a Cook for our villa in Tuscany (july 2001)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:16 AM
HJ

We are renting a villa in Tuscany in early July and need a good cook on a part time basis to cook for 6 people.. can anyone advise where we can find someone. <BR> <BR>thanks.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 05:17 AM
Claudia

Try contacting Suzanne B. Cohen and associates; we rented a villa through them a couple of years ago and they offer lots of supplemental services in Italy. Look at this page on their website for more info: http://www.villaeurope.com/gen_links/services.htm. <BR> <BR>Good Luck!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 06:06 AM
Mike

Can I apply? I do great spaghetti-on-toast!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:00 PM
Joe

The organization you rented the villa from ought to be able to help you. This is what we did and we could describe the kind of cook we wanted. Worked out well. We were very satisfied.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:27 PM
Fabrizio

Hi HJ, <BR>I know, it's soooo hard to find good help these days... I'm trying to find a house boy for my condo in South Beach. <BR> <BR>Fab

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:46 PM
Thyra

So HJ, how do you feel about Microwave Pizza????? Really I make the meanest Microwave pizza this side of Mama Celeste!

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 05:54 PM
roberto

HJ; <BR> Hopefully, you're just kidding. <BR> If not maybe you can find a nice peasant girl to clean and cook for <BR>you and your fat cat bourgeois <BR>friends. <BR> After dinner you can all sit around <BR> and laugh at how perfectly you do everything compared to the Italians. <BR>If you're not kidding, you are what <BR>has overcrowded and ruined Tuscany, spoiled rich Americans,who have read Francis Mayes, trying to live La Dolce Vita.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 01:32 PM
billybob

What's wrong with someone asking a question that may not be for everyone.Oh I forgot.This site is for and about trailer park living,McDonald's loving,fanny pack wearing, no class FODERITES!Not everyone has to travel like a high school student to enjoy it.Don't take out your position on life towards others.The question was fair and did not deserve the responses.Get a life.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Art

Hey guys, lighten up. Maybe mom needs a vacation also. HJ mentioned 6 people, maybe some are children or maybe all are adults? I can imagine that if all are adults (means 3 couoples) they have taken a villa to reduce expenses of a hotel but all want a vacation.<BR>Regards<BR>Art<BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 12:14 PM
JOdy

Sorry for all the nasty comments you have been getting.<BR>I would ask your rental agent, I'm sure they must have a listing of available help in the area. <BR>Have a wonderful vacation, I'd volunteer as cook if I could get away!!

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 03:23 PM
John

Hey Roberto:<BR>Where do the cooks seeking work in Tuscany look for jobs?<BR>John